Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 PM

19 posts, read 39,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I was looking at the 4 posts you had, now a couple more.
Obviously you won't win. For some strange reason there are those on this forum that want to portray Fort Myers/CC as hell on earth. Someone would be better off moving to Gaza or Baghdad.

I spoke to an older couple from FM over the 4th of July weekend that have lived there for the past 20+ years and love it. I mentioned crime and they both had a dumbfounded look on their faces. They have never had a problem and said they are sure, just like any city, you will have hot spots or bad people. They chuckled when I said how I read crime was bad in the area.
They have friends in CC and visit often and never heard of any problems.

So not quite sure what all the fuss is about, with these certain posters, but all I can say is this is the only forum that I've read that FM/CC comes across as one huge city of thugs that rule the streets...... and unless you are an ex-Marine with a couple of armored personal carriers sitting in your heavily fortified compound driveway, then you better stay away....... cuz it's gonna get ugly.

All I can say is, if I lived in such a horrible place, as some have claimed it to be........ I would have moved many moons ago and never looked back.

My property in NH is for sale and as soon as I have a potential buyer I will be packing my bags for CC regardless of what the one or two negative posters that I have found while searching info on the area have to say.
Everyone has an opinion........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 09:44 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,939,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDNH View Post
Obviously you won't win. For some strange reason there are those on this forum that want to portray Fort Myers/CC as hell on earth. Someone would be better off moving to Gaza or Baghdad.

I spoke to an older couple from FM over the 4th of July weekend that have lived there for the past 20+ years and love it. I mentioned crime and they both had a dumbfounded look on their faces. They have never had a problem and said they are sure, just like any city, you will have hot spots or bad people. They chuckled when I said how I read crime was bad in the area.

So not quite sure what all the fuss is about, with these certain posters, but all I can say is this is the only forum that I've read that FM/CC comes across as one huge city of thugs that rule the streets...... and unless you are an ex-Marine with a couple of armored personal carriers sitting in your heavily fortified compound driveway, then you better stay away....... cuz it's gonna get ugly.

All I can say is, if I lived in such a horrible place, as some have claimed it to be........ I would have moved many moons ago and never looked back.

My property in NH is for sale and as soon as I have a potential buyer I will be packing my bags for CC regardless of what the one or two negative posters that I have found while searching info on the area have to say.
Ft. Myers named one of the nations most dangerous small cities...

no you're right its just us 3 posters..
oh hey look at that, right above it. Two police officers shoot each other in a DV fight. One dead.. such a lovely town

Old 07-09-2014, 11:07 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,316,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Ft. Myers named one of the nations most dangerous small cities...

no you're right its just us 3 posters..
oh hey look at that, right above it. Two police officers shoot each other in a DV fight. One dead.. such a lovely town
You talk out of both sides of your mouth. The two police were shot in Estero, not Fort Myers. And, from a previous post of yours:
"Estero is very pretty, situated between Lee and Collier County and safe"

Old 07-09-2014, 05:36 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,939,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
You talk out of both sides of your mouth. The two police were shot in Estero, not Fort Myers. And, from a previous post of yours:
"Estero is very pretty, situated between Lee and Collier County and safe"
I'm aware the cops were shot in Estero , which is part of Lee County if we wanna be specific so it will be lumped into the crime stats for Lee. Estero is nice but it'll only be a matter of time, as housing becomes more and more expensive again, as it already as that people will be pushed out and the crime will spread. LCSO barely has a hold on it now .

Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,500,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDNH View Post

I have lived in CC for 21 years and have never had a problem. When I first found this site I thought people were living in a different CC than I was.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:47 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,078,167 times
Just got back from 10 days in Cape Coral. cannot believe the amount of new construction and projects going on there. any old posts with negative comments on the area should be completely disregarded. I had a friend with me that was a civil engineer and he was amazed with the city.

The river is a very clear line between Cape Coral and Ft Myers/ North Ft myers. Cape Coral and Ft Myers get lumped together in a lot of statements and they shouldn't they are completely different places. There are pros and cons to each of them but they are not similar places.

I love what they have done with the yacht club area with the boat house. what a great place! Every place I went to for lunch / dinner was superb.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:11 AM

518 posts, read 1,228,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
Just got back from 10 days in Cape Coral. cannot believe the amount of new construction and projects going on there. any old posts with negative comments on the area should be completely disregarded. I had a friend with me that was a civil engineer and he was amazed with the city.

The river is a very clear line between Cape Coral and Ft Myers/ North Ft myers. Cape Coral and Ft Myers get lumped together in a lot of statements and they shouldn't they are completely different places. There are pros and cons to each of them but they are not similar places.

I love what they have done with the yacht club area with the boat house. what a great place! Every place I went to for lunch / dinner was superb.
I to can't believe how fast this town has changed from when I bought here just 5 years ago. The beach area looks great. Fords other new place is very nice and a new star bucks coming soon. To think just a few years ago half these places were empty and half the homes were also for sale with no one living in them. It has turned into a very nice all around location to own with great gulf access.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:05 PM

184 posts, read 234,336 times
Very nice to hear!!!

Old 07-20-2014, 02:19 AM

2 posts, read 3,976 times
I came to Lee County in 1985, moved away to Charlotte County in 2002 because I saw where Lee County was headed {toilet}. If you are needing to work for a living: FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE. Once the snow birds go back home in March/April, most of the employers either cut your hours in half, or let you go altogether. There is no viable economy here for a working person unless you have investment income or welfare to supplement your wages. What type of work do you all do? There is a good possibility you will be competing against Mexicans for jobs, and I can guarantee you: YOU WILL LOSE. Florida just isn't for the working class. The "crackers" down here can make it, because they have the necessary connections that newbie Yankees from up north just don't have. Even skilled trades people can't make it here year around, unless they work for government, or a government subsidized sector. Do you know the HVAC trade? If so, you can write your own ticket, same goes for healthcare or anything geriatric. Good luck. Your going to need it.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:13 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,866,389 times
Amazed at the negative posts .We live in a middle class neighborhood and I don't know anyone who is not "making it" We are about 50/50 with working families and retiree's....... socializing on weekends,kids playing in the street,working on their boats and yards.Everyone I know is happy.
I try to avoid negative people.........we have a few back home and I scoot into another aisle if I spot them in the supermarket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area