Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,099 times

Advertisements

Good morning. My family currently lives in Boca Raton and we desperately want to leave here. The people are rude and the cost of living is prohibitive. I have one Middle School and two High School age children. Could anyone please give me some suggestions on where to live in Cape Coral or Fort Myers and which schools would be suitable. We are looking to move to the West Coast within the next year. We are also interested in the Sarasota or Tampa area but know very little about it. Thank you very much for any suggestions which you may have. Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,099,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie63 View Post
Good morning. My family currently lives in Boca Raton and we desperately want to leave here. The people are rude and the cost of living is prohibitive. I have one Middle School and two High School age children. Could anyone please give me some suggestions on where to live in Cape Coral or Fort Myers and which schools would be suitable. We are looking to move to the West Coast within the next year. We are also interested in the Sarasota or Tampa area but know very little about it. Thank you very much for any suggestions which you may have. Have a great day.

SW cape coral would be my first choice

Old 06-28-2014, 02:58 PM

3 posts, read 3,099 times
Thank you!

Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM

25 posts, read 45,636 times
Yes totally agree on Cape Coral, VS Fort Myers because it is a lot less buiser and safer. In the last ten years I have gone to Skyline Elementary and Patriot Elementary two great schools, Challenger Middle School rated an A school for the past couple years (awesome middle school! With great gifted and special ed programs, ESOL etc.). And I also went to Ida. S Baker High school in SW Cape. This school is a vocational school allowing you to get in to academies that can give you real certificates that you would get in college! If one of your kids wants to be a nurse or a firefighter there are classes where you become certified at the end of the three year coarse! There are many more like those. They have tons of AP classes and Dual Enrollment classes. The Bus system does transport children all around the entire city of Cape Coral. Also Lee County schools allows you to pick your schools with the School Choice program (there is more info at their site leeschools.net). There are many many programs and lots of nice teachers and staff. This school and almost all other schools in CC received A ratings.

Some facts about the city-
2nd Safest in Florida/ 55th in the US (FBI)
Population 170,000 summer 200,000+/- winter
One of the safest cities to drive (AllState)
Most canals in the world, 400+ miles.
And fifth best mid sized city to live in. (Movoto.com)

Hope this helps some

Old 06-29-2014, 06:41 AM

319 posts, read 613,403 times
Island coast
Mariner

We have school choice here, do your research

Cape is better than ft Myers, I agree.

But teachers that care are hard to come by.

Be active in your kids school and evaluate their teachers. You have to be an advocate for your kids and you have to know what you expect from them and their educators.

We are in a weird time right now, some schools are no better that cinder block day jail centers for troubled youths.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 AM

184 posts, read 235,140 times
Can you name the schools that you feel are filled with trouble like situations??

Old 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM

46 posts, read 117,952 times
We moved often and usually with short notice. I would always go online and check the scores for the schools in the cities we were looking at relocating too..... I always picked the schools with the highest test scores, and then I knew where we were going to live. It never failed me, and I suggest it to anyone wondering where the safe and well schooled areas.

Good luck with your move.

Edit to say that we did not check state reports. I went directly to the city and then the schools to get the scores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area