U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 AM

467 posts, read 893,588 times

Advertisements

Any feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated on the Rivers II in Cape Coral, Oasis in Fort Myers, and Schooner Bay in North Fort Myers. We are looking for a condo with river views, boat facilities, and covered parking for around $200,000 or under. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 10:50 AM

518 posts, read 1,104,916 times
I had a chance to buy in Oasis for 125,000 back in 2010. It had no marina as they never finished it before they went broke. My wife didn't like hauling everything from parking to the unit on the 10th floor. I loved the view. But the dues were sky high and no money anywhere to be seen to take care of that expensive building. It was empty at that time. It was also to close to that crime area for us. I bought a place where I dock in my back yard for free. These marinas fees are a killer and most of those units you will have to pay extra for your boat. Even if you buy the slip. Good luck.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 PM

8 posts, read 13,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Any feedback/opinions would be greatly appreciated on the Rivers II in Cape Coral, Oasis in Fort Myers, and Schooner Bay in North Fort Myers. We are looking for a condo with river views, boat facilities, and covered parking for around $200,000 or under. Thanks.
I live in Cape Coral, and I'm not familiar with Rivers II - could you be referring to Rivers Condo just off of Beach Parkway? If so, this is the address for a unit that is available: 4015 SE 20th PL #401. Fees are $1,370/quarter. I would have to do a bit more research to find out the other units in the area. I have driven by them, but there are so many I cannot remember all the names.

Oasis is GORGEOUS! I have a friend/co-worker who recently purchased in there, and she absolutely loves it!! I'll be honest with you though, they have their quirks. My friend purchased and outdated unit, then proceeded to purchase everything she wanted for her home. The tile store delivered to Oasis, and the front desk would NOT let them in because they only take deliveries on certain days, and because this wasn't one of "those" days, they had to leave. That of coarse meant charging delivery to my friend again. Then there was another issue that they made a stink about, and it had something to do with the tile being in the elevator. Now that her remodel is complete, they are VERY happy!! The fees are about $400/month; however, there is only ONE unit under $200,000 and it's a 1 bedroom. I'm not sure what you're looking for. The next unit is a 2 bedrooom and it's listed at $218,000.

As previously mentioned, be careful with the condos in N. Fort Myers. Some of them do have ATROCIOUS fees, I just don't remember which are which off the top of my head. There's Schooner Bay, Bay Harbour Club Condo, North Shore Place, Key Harbour, Bay Point Yacht & Racket Club, etc.

Hopefully this helps a little!

Old 09-11-2014, 02:12 PM

467 posts, read 893,588 times
Thanks for the info I will keep all of it in mind. We are considering a few in Punta Gorda too. There are a couple on Binimi Basin in the Cape with some nice views. The ones on North Key Drive in No Ft Myers have some great views as well (according to the pics online that is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area