Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:14 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,960,523 times

Advertisements

This has to stop. This is why I don't recommend Ft. Myers to families. When they say they want to move there I ask why? 10 blocks from this is a swat stand off taking place. This area of Ft. Myers is a pit, the scum live there. This is a nightly issue, but this crime is going to move elsewhere as prices continue to rise again. Absolutely disgusting. This baby didn't deserve this.

5 year old shot to death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 05:58 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,107 times
This took place in the Dunbar area. You cannot tar all of Fort Myers for what takes place in one small neighborhood. Plenty of nice areas. You just have to be careful where tomlive, like in any city.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:51 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,727,849 times
And there was a shooting outside of Cape Coral High last week as well. By a kid from Lehigh Acres. This stuff goes on all over. There have been gang, and drug related killings even in Naples.......go figure.

It's a sign of the times, that is beginning to infect every facet of life, no matter where you are.

Gotta be careful out there.

CN.......

Old 10-14-2014, 07:09 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,873,838 times
Nothing wrong with Ft Myers....just don't move into the "hood"

Old 10-16-2014, 03:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
That was very sad about that little boy, I felt so bad seeing his heartbroken Mom on TV. I can't begin to know how painful this must be for her.

While crime and violence can happen anywhere, it is more likely to happen in bad areas, like Dunbar, Lehigh, and other places like that. For 3 years we had to live in a tax credit apartment complex off of Metro that is notorious for being bad, because we managed it and had to live on premises. It was a horrible experience and scarey at times. The cops wouldn't even come in there without back up, and delivery people would not come after 6 pm. (One Chinese food delivery guy was shot and killed for the few dollars he had on him)

But this will continue until the residents of these areas start to stand up and say enough is enough. But they consider this just another day and the way it is supposed to be. Almost no family in these areas doesn't have someone who is, or has been, in jail, and that is ok with them. Life is very cheap in these neighborhoods, and no one will come forward to help the police when a murder or crime is committed. No one sees anything.

I hope they do find and prosecute the scumbags who killed this child, but I am not optimistic.

Don

Old 10-19-2014, 01:55 PM

Location: Long Island, NY & The Somerset at the Plantation, Fort Myers, FL
95 posts, read 213,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
This took place in the Dunbar area. You cannot tar all of Fort Myers for what takes place in one small neighborhood. Plenty of nice areas. You just have to be careful where to live, like in any city.
I could not agree more. Other then the few pockets where there are bad neighborhoods, painting all of Fort Myers with such a large (And blatantly inaccurate) brush is irresponsible.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:18 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
I have to eat my words, it looks like the police have arrested two felons and charged them with the murder of this young child.

What losers..........these two have records as long as your arm and were still on the street. Hope they fry.

Don

Old 10-28-2014, 02:54 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
This is why we don't suggest people live in Harlem Heights, Dunbar, Tice, Pine Manor, and the other small pockets of crime ridden areas in Fort Myers. Cape Coral had wide spread crime, it's not contained to one, two or five areas...but it's all over the city.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:32 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,442,107 times
These two should have been behind bars as habitual criminals. One was arrested 13 times, the other 30 times, each with multiple stints behind bars.

The courts have no problems with sending people to jail over simple MJ possession. These guys were violent. These should be locked away and the MJ possession offenders just given tickets if illegal.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:06 PM

63 posts, read 100,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
This has to stop. This is why I don't recommend Ft. Myers to families. When they say they want to move there I ask why? 10 blocks from this is a swat stand off taking place. This area of Ft. Myers is a pit, the scum live there. This is a nightly issue, but this crime is going to move elsewhere as prices continue to rise again. Absolutely disgusting. This baby didn't deserve this.

5 year old shot to death
There is nothing at all wrong with the South Fort Myers area. Stop with the hysterics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area