Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 12:34 PM

27 posts, read 39,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
surprisingly the Chinese food I have had in Cape Coral is decent, there is mel's diner but there is room for other diners. I would like to see a Jersey Mike's sub shop.
There is a Jersey Mikes in Fort Myers. It is yummy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 12:40 PM

27 posts, read 39,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoFL2021 View Post
I hope to move to Cape Coral in a couple years and am still deep in research mode. I've lived my first 18 years on Long Island, NY then the following 25 years in Phoenix and now I am definitely ready for a change.

Here's the criteria I am looking at and please tell me if there's another place that fits everything I'm looking for. I've checked everywhere I could think of and Cape Coral seems the best fit.

House on a canal with gulf access (not a home on the other side of Florida)
Affordable and nice house with pool and dock (in the $400k range)
Near a city with some kind of downtown area
Love the movies and bowling so the area must have both nearby
Good weather (if I can take the ridiculous AZ summers working outside, then I think I would consider anything else nice)
Relatively low crime
High percentage of English speakers

And as a bonus, the Cape area is close enough to drive to several cruise ports and the family loves to cruise.

Being from NY, I recommend a White Castle be opened in Cape Coral or Ft Myers. And since I'm on the food kick....do they have diners in SW Florida? And how is the Chinese food? It's just not right here in Phoenix to walk into a Chinese restaurant and see non-Chinese folks doing the cooking. From what I've seen, there are an abundance of former NYers in the area so hopefully the food will at least sort of have a NY flair to it.
Chinese food is hit or miss. There is a good one close to downtown Cape Coral called China Tokyo Express. We go in there for lunch quite often and I have never been disappointed. BTW, I qualify myself as knowing good chinese food because I come from a family of New Yorkers. Hope that helps. Also this being a heavy snowbird town we do have some amazing restaurants. Just stay away from chains, ask around while you're here, and you will surly find some great hole's in the wall(affectionately).

Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 PM

176 posts, read 439,128 times
We're moving down full-time, in the next several weeks. Owned a home in CC since 2010. From the first time we entered the Cape we fell in love with it. People were friendly, abundant shopping, places to eat. The summers can be very hot, but from October to May the weather is delightful. Lived in the Northeast (NY/NJ) area all my life. The congestion, traffic, winter weather takes a toll on you. Just love the active lifestyle that Florida affords. The best about my situation is I am fortunate enough to retain my current employment and keep my NYC salary while working in FL. So it's a win-win situation

Old 02-09-2015, 09:40 AM

65 posts, read 75,260 times
Re the "right wing, conservative ..." comments, I am not offended as with some others who had commented here. It reminded me to give some thoughts as to how others outside of Florida may be thinking about us based on the news and events happening in our state. It does not matter whether the comment was right or wrong, it is how have our politicians and government employees in some cities have been behaving. I know things are different for different cities but people have to comment based on their own overall view or feelings and experience. We are responsible for our own image outside of "ourselves". Maybe we can learn something from other people's comment.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 AM

65 posts, read 75,260 times
More than the people's political inclination and "label" (conservative, liberal, etc.), what our political leaders are doing in terms of managing our cities (less cronyism, less wastes, less "corruption"...) may be more important to consider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area