Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:23 PM

45 posts, read 63,573 times

Advertisements

We are planning a move to Cape Coral this summer. Our current plan is to sell our home in NJ and rent in CC while we find a house to purchase. Hopefully, only a month or two at most.

Under these conditions, it seems like a container move using Pods, Pack-Rat or similar might be the way to go. The container(s) are packed once and stay in storage until they are needed at the new house. However, I've read that some communities have restrictions prohibiting the use of moving pods.

So the question is: Does Cape Coral have any restrictions against the use of moving containers / pods?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 12:12 PM

964 posts, read 2,063,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Dog View Post
We are planning a move to Cape Coral this summer. Our current plan is to sell our home in NJ and rent in CC while we find a house to purchase. Hopefully, only a month or two at most.

Under these conditions, it seems like a container move using Pods, Pack-Rat or similar might be the way to go. The container(s) are packed once and stay in storage until they are needed at the new house. However, I've read that some communities have restrictions prohibiting the use of moving pods.

So the question is: Does Cape Coral have any restrictions against the use of moving containers / pods?

Thanks.

We've used U-Pack (highly recommended: Much less expensive than PODS) to move things down here multiple times. The 18 wheeler trailer sat in our driveway for 3-5 days as we unpacked it with no issue.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the response. I see that U-Pack does storage as well. This looks very promising.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
I would imagine it all depends how long you plan on leaving the POD or trailer in your driveway. depending on your neighbors, since you will be invading their space with your ugly giant metal container, as they might see it, Cape Coral is known for their roaming housing code violator inspectors. Plus when there's a very large amount of old people living there, one's just bound to call in anything that looks different to them. I would call the City to be sure so you know the rules, Cape Coma has a LARGE amount of rules that you must abide by.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM

My intention would to have the pod or trailer there for only a day or two. Just long enough to unload.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:09 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Dog View Post
My intention would to have the pod or trailer there for only a day or two. Just long enough to unload.

Call the city anyway, you probably need a permit and that permit is going to be cheaper than a ticket

Old 02-25-2015, 04:52 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
Anywhere else, I would say, just do it! But not in Cape Coma. Spies are everywhere over there...... They have code enforcement on speed dial.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,964 times
New to cape , what are the current rules for the pods being delivered . We will be bringing 2 pods (obviously 1 at a time) to our new cape coral home . Are permits required ? I read on one site that you have 7 days to have it there . Any insight would be great thanx all.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:50 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERB View Post
New to cape , what are the current rules for the pods being delivered . We will be bringing 2 pods (obviously 1 at a time) to our new cape coral home . Are permits required ? I read on one site that you have 7 days to have it there . Any insight would be great thanx all.
Same advice.... call the city and ask.

Your snowbird neighbors have nothing better to do than report you and your PODS to the city.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:50 AM

708 posts, read 720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Same advice.... call the city and ask.

Your snowbird neighbors have nothing better to do than report you and your PODS to the city.
Lol blame it on the snowbirds. I think residents of CC are just as bad or not worst as they want to blame everything on snowbirds. (god knows snowbirds only thing that keeps the economy going there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: