Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 PM

544 posts, read 1,439,087 times

Advertisements

Frank in Philly if the dog is in it's own yard, it does not have to be leashed. DUH. My neighbor's pit bull is always out and never leaves the yard. We let our sheltie out once in while without his leash as well as our shih tzu and neither one of them leave the yard. I love the way the perpetrator of the animals running loose is the one making the demands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 05:35 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,630 times
Hard to believe your dog is in much danger from a house cat.
Why don't you both take a deep breath and work things out
Doesn't seem like her animals are in any danger from a lab puppy so why don't you both agree to let them all play together.

Old 03-11-2015, 04:11 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
No, you can't kill the cat. But you can call the city and animal control and ask them what the leash laws are for your city (and follow them) and ask them what you can legally do about the cat.

You've already been warned by your neighbor to keep your dog in your yard so I suggest you do just that. If you don't have a fence (and you should with pets and kids) get one. Why should YOU have to shell money for a fence? Because you're the one with the kids and dog, that's why. Your neighbor's delivery needs some work, but they aren't being reasonable with their request.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:22 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
I've read this person's responses very carefully.

The OP was playing with her child and dog in her own yard.

Neighbor came into OP's yard and said to keep OP's dog on a leash while OP is in OP's yard.

Neighbor has a cat and dog. Cat wanders into OP's yard. OP didn't complain about cat previously, but since neighbor is now saying that OP's dog should be on a leash while playing....

OP says that OP's dogs never went into neighbor's yard.

I had a neighbor, up here in Tenn., that did the same thing. I was out in my backyard, with my dog, and he came out complaining about my dog not being on a leash. The backstory is the neighbor is afraid of dogs, but has no problem pushing around his wife, and I suppose he could do that with me. I let him have it. He tried to tell me that the law was that my dog must be leashed at all times, even in my own backyard. I told him to go back and read the city bylaws. That is not true. Oh, and by the way, shut up. I said this VERY LOUDLY. I'm sure he went back and read the law or called someone, because I never heard a word about it, again.

I continued to play with my dog in my own backyard for several years, until I moved.

The End.

P.S. Don't kill things. It's entirely bad form but also barbaric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area