Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 04:21 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times

Advertisements

Anything south of Daniels and West of 75 is ok. Having said that....stay away from Harlem Heights which is smack dab in the middle of some nice gated communities by Health Park Medical Center.

There are a few nice places, gated with security, on Six Mile Cypress just north of Daniels and South of Colonial. There's a Wal Mart up there that I won't go into unless I'm armed and Target doesn't have what I need. It's almost as bad as the North Fort Myers Wal Mart.

Your dog will be an issue. There are not many nice, nice apts that take 'large' dogs. I don't consider 55lbs to be large, but to each their own. They will also take its breed into consideration as well. Each complex has it's own 'banned' breed list and most of their websites don't go into detail and I think that's because they keep adding breeds. The newest breed many of them have added is the boxer.

Good luck with you move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 06:47 AM

6 posts, read 9,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
We are from the NW Chicago burbs and have owned a second home in Gateway for about 4 years that we use year round (we are in both places for parts of every month).

Royal Greens is a condo community within Gateway. It is the first residential community you reach after driving through the commercial section of Gateway off of Daniels. Some of the buildings are on the golf course. I think it is a gated community.

I am not sure about rentals, but I suspect a 55 pound dog would be a problem. The property looks to be well kept up from the outside, but I do not know how it is to live there.

Anything in Gateway would be safe.

Thank you! Small world! I am actually from the South burbs.. (Tinley Park)

I have heard good things about the Gateway Community.. Royal Greens has quite a few rentals, but they are private rentals, so once I mentioned my dog, I stopped getting responses!

Old 08-28-2015, 07:18 AM

6 posts, read 9,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Anything south of Daniels and West of 75 is ok. Having said that....stay away from Harlem Heights which is smack dab in the middle of some nice gated communities by Health Park Medical Center.

There are a few nice places, gated with security, on Six Mile Cypress just north of Daniels and South of Colonial. There's a Wal Mart up there that I won't go into unless I'm armed and Target doesn't have what I need. It's almost as bad as the North Fort Myers Wal Mart.

Your dog will be an issue. There are not many nice, nice apts that take 'large' dogs. I don't consider 55lbs to be large, but to each their own. They will also take its breed into consideration as well. Each complex has it's own 'banned' breed list and most of their websites don't go into detail and I think that's because they keep adding breeds. The newest breed many of them have added is the boxer.

Good luck with you move!

Thank you! I'm just keeping a list of neighborhoods and places to stay away from... lol it's getting quite long!

Do you think we would be better off looking in Naples and commuting?

The dog thing is pretty out of control too! I don't consider our dog to be a "Large dog" and she is not an aggressive breed (she's a Weimaraner) she is the most well behaved dog I've ever owned! Kids are way more destructive! I don't get it! LOL

Thank you!

Old 04-06-2016, 04:03 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, God NO........not Crime Manor !! Lehigh isn't too far behind. There are plenty of nice apartments in Ft Myers, like the Ashlar, that I mentioned, and Reflection Lakes, etc. The names you listed are the arm pit of SW Fl.

Don

Royal Greens in Gateway is very nice. My sister lives there. It is a gated community and her apartment is very nice. She has a 2 bedroom 2 bath and pays $950 a month. Since they are condos some are nicer than others depending on the owner.

Musa at Daniels is okay, not as nice as Royal Greens and it is not gated and parking is sometimes hard to find.

Like was mentioned stay away from Lehigh Acres, Pine Manor, Audubon Cove Apartments and some of the others that were mentioned. You can't go wrong sticking to the Daniels Pkwy corridor although the rents have gotten ridiculous lately.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:10 AM

17 posts, read 25,156 times
Can I ask why you are looking for an apartment? $1,000 a month could get you into nice house in a nice area, especially if you don't mind a drive to and from work.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:30 PM

13 posts, read 17,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman46544 View Post
Can I ask why you are looking for an apartment? $1,000 a month could get you into nice house in a nice area, especially if you don't mind a drive to and from work.
Really? Where? I found that price to be pretty low when looking to rent a house.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:48 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
The problem with renting a privately owned condo with your dog... The HOA, not the condo owner, makes the dog rule. MOST condo HOA,s do not permit a dog more than 15-20 lbs. Thus why you don't hear back from them. Their hands are tied. I can't even bring my dog down to my condo for a weeks vacation.

As far as areas. I wouldn't even look at anything North of College Parkway. and stay out of Lehigh. Just my opinion of course.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegWilliams View Post
Thank you! That is what I figured! .. I just wanted to ask because my husband kept asking and saying "it can't be that bad" LOL

The apartments I am seriously considering are:

Bay Harbor Apts
Mirage Bay Apts
Iona Lakes
Promenade at Reflection lakes
Ashlar Apts
Royal Green (Gateway)

Also considering commuting from Naples.
I have a good friend who is in the process of purchasing the condo she has been renting because it was going on the market. She said reasonable rentals in Naples especially since she has a cat.....are almost non- existant. Commuting from Naples is probably not an option.

I live in a gated community in Gateway.....this is a very nice area in which to live. There is a tremendous amount of building going on ..... large developments with lots of residential as well as mixed development.

I really like the Gateway area.....convenient to many things.....very attractive area.....feels safe to me...I wouldnt hesitate to move here again if I were starting over.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:15 PM

13 posts, read 17,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paradise View Post
.............. MOST condo HOA,s do not permit a dog more than 15-20 lbs............
This always amuses me. It is the smaller dogs (in my opinion) that bark all the time, have bladder issues, and have the most energy issues. Great Danes may look intimidating but they sleep all the time and are hardly ever a nuisance. And if you compare a Great Dane to a Chihuahua, in general, there is a much higher nuisance factor for the Chihuahua.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:00 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleguy View Post
You'd have to be no less than several million a month to live safely in tropical paradise! American culture sees to it daily that only movie stars shall have it safe in any tropical area and get a paradise found. Lower income people get only a paradise lost!
Man you need to relax. Maybe a nice vacation to a beach in Florida would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area