Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 11:19 AM

29 posts, read 79,605 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if they have re-opened the old cell phone lot on the right hand side of the access road to the airport? Last year it was closed off making you use the new lot with the gas station. I had to drop someone off at the airport on the 15th and through the rain it looked like the gate was gone and cars were parked there. I liked that spot so much better when waiting for passengers coming in. The light made it safer and just had a more pleasant feel to it. Thanks in advance for your response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 11:58 AM

331 posts, read 453,074 times
They have opened the cell lot to everyone. The new lot has been full. Went to pick up family and was lucky to gat a spot. Many did not. When you leave the lot for your pick-up, they have a sign in front of the old cell phone lot (used now for business) that it is open. I thought it was pretty poor to have the sign out of sight of the cell phone lot allowing over spill to park there.

Welcome to paradise.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
I think the old lot is now used for limos and taxis.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:49 AM

331 posts, read 453,074 times
They have opened it up to everyone. The overfill at the current lot is bad. During the season, it appears it's about 25% the size it should be. About 10% the size of the old lot. Now the limos and taxis also use the new lot because of the 7-11 being there. Not well thought out at all.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:11 AM

122 posts, read 201,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron e wheels View Post
They have opened it up to everyone. The overfill at the current lot is bad. During the season, it appears it's about 25% the size it should be. About 10% the size of the old lot. Now the limos and taxis also use the new lot because of the 7-11 being there. Not well thought out at all.
I agree. The parking spaces at the new lot by 7-11 are really close together also. Pulling in and out of spaces must be a nightmare for larger vehicles. Terrible layout.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:35 PM

FYI the old cell phone lot is closed again! Darn!

Old 05-02-2016, 03:15 AM

243 posts, read 230,306 times
That gate will let anyone in. I know this because I drive for the airport service. Frankly I don't know why they put it back in there, it's useless. Now people park all along the exit from the lot to Terminal Access Road and really get in the way of our cars servicing the airport because they think that gate won't let them in. It will, just pull up to it and it will raise the bar and you can park in that overflow lot just fine.

Old 05-02-2016, 08:17 AM

Thanks so much for the information. I will be trying it out in the very near future.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:15 PM

243 posts, read 230,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfitzger14750 View Post
Thanks so much for the information. I will be trying it out in the very near future.
Okay, but use the parking lot you come to first, not the MBA holding lot further down, please. We need that lot for our cars and can't accommodate the cell lot overflow there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: