Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,140 times

Advertisements

I've scoured this forum trying to find the best place to move my family to (wife and two kids under 2 years old). We are looking for a 3 BR annual rental at or under $2k/month. For some reason I've had trouble finding a realtor who works specifically on annual rentals (I want to know about all available properties, not just the one's they are representing).

Schools aren't a consideration as we'll only be renting down here for 1 year. I'm struggling with finding the right place. I'd like to be within 30 minutes of work - which is just north of Whiskey Creek and west of Page Field airport.

My wife doesn't work so I'd love an area that has other young families that she could connect with (mom groups, parks, etc) for the kids and for her own sanity I've heard great things about Paseo but apparently there are very few rentals in that community. And I've also heard good/so-so reviews on Cape Coral - interested to hear what others think and if it fits our situation.

I'm also interested to know what areas others would recommend (I did a search but many of the results either didn't fit our same situation or were from 5+ years ago). The more specific the neighborhood/area, the better.

I'm sure there are plenty of realtors on this site. If you'd like to connect, please send me a PM with a few properties that fit the bill and we can connect when I get down there next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 04:29 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Not sure where you're looking, but there are plenty of realtors and property managers that deal with rentals. Some have their own websites, some advertise on Craigslist and some still put ads in the paper.

Yes, there are agents on this site, but you need to do your homework before talking to them and signing a lease. Why don't you come down and spend some time researching the area? It's never smart to rent sight unseen.

Id hate to see you end up in Page Park, Pine Manor or Harlem Heights...places you'd never want to live. Right along with San Carlos Park and Lehigh and a half a dozen other areas.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Not sure where you're looking, but there are plenty of realtors and property managers that deal with rentals. Some have their own websites, some advertise on Craigslist and some still put ads in the paper.

Yes, there are agents on this site, but you need to do your homework before talking to them and signing a lease. Why don't you come down and spend some time researching the area? It's never smart to rent sight unseen.

Id hate to see you end up in Page Park, Pine Manor or Harlem Heights...places you'd never want to live. Right along with San Carlos Park and Lehigh and a half a dozen other areas.
Thanks, Kim! I am coming down next week but I have a very short window. I certainly wouldn't rent sight unseen but given the limited window I have, I'll need to have a short list of properties before I get down there.

Any areas you'd recommend I give a closer look? Thanks again!

Old 03-09-2016, 07:07 AM

74 posts, read 88,735 times
Check the web for property managers in SW Ft Myers. I own a homethere and rent annually. I deal with them as a landlord and am familiar withhow they work. Mine has done a great job of posting my house and findingtenants. They handle all aspects of the rental. There are lots of gatedcommunities in SW FT Myers as well as nice homes in Whisky and Tanglewood. Myhome is in Brookshire lake Village. I love it there, love the entire area. Ican't wait to retire in several years and move permanently.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM

195 posts, read 271,998 times
I just looked at the local MLS and found 35 Single Family Homes 3+BR on an annual basis for $2000 or less per month.
So there are a lot of properties available.
If you add in all Fort Myers area there are another 23 homes available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area