Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:32 AM

11 posts, read 14,611 times

Advertisements

Hi all

In the process of selecting a lot. Looking for thoughts of locals and any others who have purchased in marina bay.
Late 40s wife kids in there late teens early 20s.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 02:14 PM

Bump

Old 04-29-2016, 11:00 PM

52 posts, read 59,404 times
Never been in the community but the location is great, I will have to make it out and check some of their model homes. Good luck with the move!

Old 04-30-2016, 06:05 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,363,563 times
We looked in there a few months ago. They have a lot of models of different sizes. Only 2 would have worked for us but they did not have any decent lots available for that size house. It is a great location. One thing to consider is that it is within the City of Fort Myers so real estate taxes are higher than in some of the nearby communities like Gateway, Rennaisance, Paseo, and Fiddlesticks for example.

Options can considerably increase the price from the sticker price. I suggest you go over to the Naples board and look for threads on other GL communities. There are extensive discussions on the Naples board about Riverstone and details of dealing with GL and the cost of upgrades and lot premiums.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
We looked in there a few months ago. They have a lot of models of different sizes. Only 2 would have worked for us but they did not have any decent lots available for that size house. It is a great location. One thing to consider is that it is within the City of Fort Myers so real estate taxes are higher than in some of the nearby communities like Gateway, Rennaisance, Paseo, and Fiddlesticks for example.

Options can considerably increase the price from the sticker price. I suggest you go over to the Naples board and look for threads on other GL communities. There are extensive discussions on the Naples board about Riverstone and details of dealing with GL and the cost of upgrades and lot premiums.

Thanks so much that's good advise definitely will do. I bought the biggest lot in the Baltic collection 18,500 sq ft It works for us we have 2 small terriers and wanted a good size yard. Thanks jn I was really looking for neighborhood feedback.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:41 AM

4 posts, read 5,667 times
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing in Marina Bay as well - hope to close soon.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA Fun View Post
My husband and I are in the process of purchasing in Marina Bay as well - hope to close soon.

Can you elaborate on how the process was. We just signed contracts and given approximate completion date of January 2017

Old 05-13-2016, 07:13 AM

Tonybolony if you haven't done so already the next step is selecting options. You should already have the price list.
For me making the selections took longer then I expected. Put a lot of thought into the options you want. Like the Naples post I agree that you should upgrade what is hard to upgrade later like cabinets, tilework etc.

At the moment I am a bit frustrated with how long the process takes. I expected completion already and still do not have a closing date.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA Fun View Post
Tonybolony if you haven't done so already the next step is selecting options. You should already have the price list.
For me making the selections took longer then I expected. Put a lot of thought into the options you want. Like the Naples post I agree that you should upgrade what is hard to upgrade later like cabinets, tilework etc.

At the moment I am a bit frustrated with how long the process takes. I expected completion already and still do not have a closing date.
We are scheduled to make selection in 2 weeks. I am concerned with the completion date we were told December January but I don't think that's realistic considering the roads to our street are not even in yet.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:20 PM

Tonybolony, how did your option selection go? We have since closed on our house and are pretty happy with it. A few minor issues but that is to be expected. I am now seeing houses in Marina Bay get completed much faster then ours did. From what I am hearing, when GL Homes gives a projected date they come in on time pretty regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area