Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:58 AM

113 posts, read 104,219 times

Advertisements

No. Maybe you missed the reason why I put the notes on my cat. These people/person/someone is creepily hiding their identity. Interestingly a lot of responders here seem almost side with the mystery character(s) in question. Not surprised as the ignorant hive mind is quite a prevalent phenomenon.

Let's take it a step further: perhaps we should all live in cages for protection and any harm that we suffer outside our cages is on us for breaking the laws that keep us safe from the world.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:04 PM

Its my belief that they were loosening the collar out of concern for my cat thinking I secure it too tight. Again creepy, but at least out of apparent concern for my cat. Hence once I responded as kindly as possible explaining how I tighten my collar and why and to please respect my personal business-but thanks for your concern-and again don't hesitate to call the number.... And that did eventually stop but then I got the GPS and here we are.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
No. Maybe you missed the reason why I put the notes on my cat. These people/person/someone is creepily hiding their identity. Interestingly a lot of responders here seem almost side with the mystery character(s) in question. Not surprised as the ignorant hive mind is quite a prevalent phenomenon.

Let's take it a step further: perhaps we should all live in cages for protection and any harm that we suffer outside our cages is on us for breaking the laws that keep us safe from the world.
I know why you put the note on the cat and it's still creepy. Who does that?
Their identity is a need to know basis and you don't need to know. All you need to do is keep your cats to yourself and stop breaking the law.
Nobody wants stray cats running around. They do damage and eventually will end up getting hurt. There are bigger predators running around Florida that would love to eat your little kitty.

You can live in a cage if you want. Sounds like a good plan. I would rather run free and OBEY the laws that keep me safe.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM

I sent a message over my cat as my only option. You sent a message over the internet. What's the difference?
And no the rules/laws aren't put in place to keep you safe. They're designed to control your actions and limit your freedoms and keep you paying taxes to fuel the control system. But keep following them as ignorance is bliss and you'll have plenty of like-minded dummies to support you.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:13 PM

14,925 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
No one's sneezing and no one cares about the leash law. Occasionally I'll get a call from someone like some of the posters bringing up some concern but after talking a bit it's just people with no lives looking for someone to shake their finger at. This issue is about creepy people.
It's still up to you to control your animal, dog or cat. Those laws don't go away just because you don't care about them. I've had cats let out by their owners to roam come into my yard and use my planters or garden as a litter box, spray the tires on our cars, and kill birds at the feeders in our yard. I know the latter is a cat's instinctive behavior, but I like birds a whole lot better than I like cats and telling me to remove the feeders in my yard won't set well with me when a domestic cat allowed to roam is purely trespassing and causing destruction. I'm not likely to mess with a cat's collar, or break his GPS, or whatever, but you best believe I would call animal control about the roaming cat, and let the neighbor who owns him and refuses to control him deal with that.

The last cat in the neighborhood allowed by his owner to roam and do as he would, (the owner responded to complaints with a shrug and a comment "cats will be cats") was finally hit by a car, and left to live long enough to drag himself halfway up our lawn, where we found him dead a number of hours later. While I hate seeing any animal suffer, and was sad at the carelessness and indifference on the part of the owner that put the cat in this predicament, I can't say I wasn't relieved that we'd get our birds back, and our plants would have a chance to grow and the place not smell like an unchanged litter box, or that awful spray smell. I called the neighbor, informed him of his cat's death, and told him to come get the body. Consider similar experiences could happen to any domestic animal not controlled by his owner.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:04 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,834 times
Quote:
I sent a message over my cat as my only option. You sent a message over the internet. What's the difference?
And no the rules/laws aren't put in place to keep you safe. They're designed to control your actions and limit your freedoms and keep you paying taxes to fuel the control system. But keep following them as ignorance is bliss and you'll have plenty of like-minded dummies to support you.
The difference is, you have another option which you refuse to see. Keep your cats home.

You asked for "thoughts" and got some. Too bad they weren't what you were looking for. Resorting to calling me ignorant and a dummy shows who you really are.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
The difference is, you have another option which you refuse to see. Keep your cats home.

You asked for "thoughts" and got some. Too bad they weren't what you were looking for. Resorting to calling me ignorant and a dummy shows who you really are.
You started it

Old 05-20-2016, 04:25 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
You should keep your cats inside.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:29 PM

Mmm.. my cats don't create those issues. And there's a number on them to call. No need need to jump to unnecessarily restricting their freedom. Okay, enough rules talk please. This is getting mind numbing.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Perhaps you should keep yourself inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area