Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 03:28 PM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times

Advertisements

Big rocks around the base law mowers an rocks don't play well together
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 06:50 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,866,068 times
Planted 4 citrus trees about 10' over the line but since I adjusted my sprinklers the grass has developed nicely and my lawn looks huge......25' to 30' wider.
Gave it some thought before I did it and don't see how the absentee owner would object.He has free trees and free grass and I get to enjoy it.
Met the owner once,he is an attorney from NY that bought for investment and hasn't been back in years.
The property is not for sale and the canal side is so overgrown that it is like a jungle right down to the waters edge......kind of cool, actually and home to a lot of wildlife.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,315,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Planted 4 citrus trees about 10' over the line but since I adjusted my sprinklers the grass has developed nicely and my lawn looks huge......25' to 30' wider.
Gave it some thought before I did it and don't see how the absentee owner would object.He has free trees and free grass and I get to enjoy it.
Met the owner once,he is an attorney from NY that bought for investment and hasn't been back in years.
The property is not for sale and the canal side is so overgrown that it is like a jungle right down to the waters edge......kind of cool, actually and home to a lot of wildlife.
I am surprised the lot owner does not say anything especially since he is an attorney. He could possibly lose a portion of his land to you due to adverse possession laws.

"As in most states, adverse possession in Florida depends on the nature of a trespasser’s possession and the length of time he or she possesses the land. A trespasser’s possession must be:
1) hostile (against the right of the true owner and without permission)
2) actual (exercising control over the property)
3) exclusive (in the possession of the trespasser alone)
4) open and notorious (using the property as the real owner would, without hiding his or her occupancy), and
5) continuous for the statutory period (which is seven years in Florida under Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.12)."

Old 06-20-2016, 07:00 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,866,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I am surprised the lot owner does not say anything especially since he is an attorney. He could possibly lose a portion of his land to you due to adverse possession laws.

"As in most states, adverse possession in Florida depends on the nature of a trespasser’s possession and the length of time he or she possesses the land. A trespasser’s possession must be:
1) hostile (against the right of the true owner and without permission)
2) actual (exercising control over the property)
3) exclusive (in the possession of the trespasser alone)
4) open and notorious (using the property as the real owner would, without hiding his or her occupancy), and
5) continuous for the statutory period (which is seven years in Florida under Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.12)."
You're right and it's been nearly 5 years that I've been using it.........He has no worries though because,as a matter of principle, I would never consider trying to take his land even if I was there for 20 years.
I'm happy to use it and keep it nice and I see it as a win for both of us.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:24 PM

198 posts, read 481,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Thanks, something we'll think about. I'll do just about anything (legal) to see more trees in our area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area