Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 03:07 PM

179 posts, read 345,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
If you like boating and don't care that Cape Coral is devoid of shade trees, then you might like it there.

This is partially true. If you like boating, Cape Coral has 400 miles of canals, and almost 800 miles of canal-front property. (Most in the world.) There are several parts of Cape Coral that trees are more scarce, and they can use more. There are also some areas of cape Coral that look very nice, andhave plenty of trees. Cape Coral is so large and spread out that universal statements about Cape Coral usually only partially apply. You need to inquire further into the exact part of Cape Coral. The same goes for Fort Myers, which includes areas as differing from each other as Dunbar and Gateway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM

35 posts, read 36,980 times
Born and raised on Long Island (Oakdale). We just moved down here in May. We are in our late 20's with a 1 year old. We moved down because my parents are retiring here and we wanted to be close to them. My sister is also moving down in January too. We love it here! Can't beat the weather and palm trees! It does get super hot and humid in the summer, just like it does in NY but it just lasts a few more months lol It's kind of a pain in the butt to get to beaches around here, that's one downfall. Closest beaches take an hour because they are far, or just the traffic when the snowbirds are here make it longer. But, we live in Cape Coral and there are plenty of waterfront homes, so ultimately we'd like to buy one and take our boat to the beaches and beat the traffic! We've met a lot of young families in the Cape and that has also been nice. I am a teacher, but just doing part-time subbing right now so I can still stay home for the most part with our 1-year old. Lee County Schools does seem to always have openings though, so you shouldn't have a problem with that! Good Luck!

Old 12-28-2016, 09:03 AM

53 posts, read 83,092 times
Best Of Luck we moved here in 2002 and have hated every year.
We had to move to Washington State due to NO JOBS for me here and loved it but out renter trashed our home so we had to move back.
Nothing to do unless you hang around on filthy trashy Ft Myers Beach.
Overcrowded,traffic, SHOOTINGS! 20 mile drive to go anywhere.
The list goes on DO NOT Move here OR Ft Lauderdale area that is even worse.
Cape Coral is the PITS traffic traffic traffic children getting run over due to NO Side walks and Very Bad driving.
IF you have to move go to Venice Florida, or no further north that Titusville and no further south than Sebastian Inlet on the right hand coast.
We want to move back to Washington State but cannot get our house on 2,5 acres of land sold.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,315,724 times
Looking forward to people that are miserable here moving far away. I guess Washington State is about as far as you can get and still be in the USA.

Old 12-30-2016, 01:55 PM

163 posts, read 207,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamS1953 View Post
We had to move to Washington State due to NO JOBS for me here and loved it but out renter trashed our home so we had to move back.
Cape Coral is the PITS traffic traffic traffic children getting run over due to NO Side walks and Very Bad driving.
IF you have to move go to Venice Florida, or no further north that Titusville and no further south than Sebastian Inlet on the right hand coast.
We want to move back to Washington State but cannot get our house on 2,5 acres of land sold.
WOW! You need to get out more. i disagree with about everything you said! 20 miles to go anywhere? where you going? everything i need is no more then 10 minutes away.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:25 AM

15,209 posts, read 10,238,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamS1953 View Post

This is the only part of Graham's post that I agree with. BTW where is your house on 2.5 acres? Cape Coral, North Ft. Myers? I know someone that is looking to buy a house and he wants a decent sized property.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:59 PM

11 posts, read 7,779 times
Sorry for late response. Just joined these forums.

Jersey Shore transplant. After initial culture shock.....I LOVE IT HERE!!! It takes about a year or so to really settle into the vibe. Slower pace. Pizza and bagels have been my personal struggle...LOL You can be pretty much anywhere in the Cape in less than 20 minutes. If you need a little urban vibe, Downtown Ft. Myers is about 15 minutes from anywhere in the Cape.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:21 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,938,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
If you don't have a problem with heat & humidity every day from June-October that would be a good start. As someone mentioned there are quite a few threads asking this question.

Areas to avoid: most of Lehigh Acres.
June-Oct? Try March- Dec+.

We've had 2 "chilly" days this entire year. The A/C was turned off just those two days. Its been running non-stop since just after my husbands birthday last year (Feb 28). The summers are longer and longer and hotter and hotter.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:57 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,077,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
June-Oct? Try March- Dec+.

We've had 2 "chilly" days this entire year. The A/C was turned off just those two days. Its been running non-stop since just after my husbands birthday last year (Feb 28). The summers are longer and longer and hotter and hotter.
very much along the lines of personal preference. We typically run ac june- oct. In other times open windows and ceiling fans usually do the trick. In some rare instances windows need to be closed and heat on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area