Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 03:53 PM

90 posts, read 103,414 times

Advertisements

To those of you in the Fort Myers area, I would like to know 3 communities you would definitely look at if you were visiting the area looking for a home in a 55+ development. We are golfers, very social, looking also for exercise room , card room, etc. Looking for a home with a golf course view or some kind of view but on a golf course in the $600,000+ neighborhood. Gated. Planning to visit in March . First trip to the west coast of Florida; comparing it to Delray area. Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 10:52 PM

11 posts, read 7,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE2829 View Post
To those of you in the Fort Myers area, I would like to know 3 communities you would definitely look at if you were visiting the area looking for a home in a 55+ development. We are golfers, very social, looking also for exercise room , card room, etc. Looking for a home with a golf course view or some kind of view but on a golf course in the $600,000+ neighborhood. Gated. Planning to visit in March . First trip to the west coast of Florida; comparing it to Delray area. Thanks all!
There are actually few golf and golf equity 55+ communities in Lee and Collier Counties. Only two come to mind off top of my head. Many of the 55+ communities here are a bit dated, lean towards condos. There is one that is a cute little community, but the price point is markedly lower than what you've stated.

That said, many of the amazing golf communities here are truly supported by retirees. We have a strong seasonal resident population, and some of these communities are breathtaking. Many are world class golfing communities. You can do remarkably well in the price point plus you stated. Areas that you can do well in include Sanibel, Ft. Myers, Cape Coral, Southern Ft. Myers, Estero, Bonita Springs, and of course Naples.

Pleas Look into you PM box.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,485,013 times
[quote=GRACE2829;46945023]To those of you in the Fort Myers area, I would like to know 3 communities you would definitely look at if you were visiting the area looking for a home in a 55+ development. We are golfers, very social, looking also for exercise room , card room, etc. Looking for a home with a golf course view or some kind of view but on a golf course in the $600,000+ neighborhood. Gated. Planning to visit in March . First trip to the west coast of Florida; comparing it to Delray area. Thanks all![/QUOTE

Check out Tiburon. I don't think it is 55+, but it is a killer golf community. New single family is well north of $600k, but condos start at 400k, I believe. Perhaps there are more affordable resales. Beware equity buy-in $$$$.

As a side note I've been researching both the Naples and the Palm Beach Gardens areas. There seems to be more serious crime on the east side (at least in the Naples area). I haven't conducted an empirically sound study on the topic, but just reading the local papers from PB gives me pause.

Where have you considered near Delray?
DC

Old 01-27-2017, 09:45 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,343,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE2829 View Post
Pelican Preserve. Has a nice community "downtown" for socializing plus a 27 hole golf course. Price point is a little lower than your target. Just opened a new phase of the development.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:51 AM

1,581 posts, read 1,960,770 times
I'm looking from afar, but the Shadow Wood Country Club (closer to Bonita), Miromar Lakes and Renaissan Country Clubs and surrounding neighborhoods look nice. I don't think they strictly +55 though.

Last edited by flashes1; 01-28-2017 at 11:36 AM..

Old 01-28-2017, 01:31 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,485,013 times
[As a side note I've been researching both the Naples and the Palm Beach Gardens areas. There seems to be more serious crime on the east side <(at least in the Naples area)>. I haven't conducted an empirically sound study on the topic, but just reading the local papers from PB gives me pause.]

From my previous post- I meant that there seemed to be much more serious crime on the east coast rather than in SWFl. Not sure why I added that parenthetical comment in error. Tried to edit but must be too much time passed.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:25 PM

195 posts, read 269,416 times
You will find few 55+ communities with all the amenities you seek at your price point.
Pelican Preserve with the subdivision Bellagio may meet your needs.

Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 AM

90 posts, read 103,414 times
I like the Delray area. To tell you the truth, I am so confused! I've never been to the West Coast but many people are telling me that I need to see Ft. Myers /Naples. I do want to be close to the airport and in a golf community, 55+. Nice, but not stuffy. Social. Cards/ exercise, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area