Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:31 AM

113 posts, read 104,238 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering this because i just found him by his gps collar a mile down the road. Normally he travels a half a mile at most so i wonder if a large bird carried him so far. He was cut in half. I couldn't say how for sure. Warning, the pic is harsh. I'm a little shocked. Just hoping to get some ideas maybe to help me a bit move on.

Mod edit
Idk. I suppose an evil person could have done this as i don't know how/why another animal would cut him half but I'm not too keen on the methods of natural predators. The cut doesn't look so clean but it is straight through. Ive seen the recent news article on lady reporting a monitor lizard killing her cats. But the clean cut and the location i found him, right off pelican on someone's lawn a toss away from a car window possibly, a mile from my home. According to his GPS he had been there since 12:30am last night til this morning when I found him. Anyway...

Last edited by Sunscape; 03-28-2017 at 08:15 PM..

Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Why was he running loose?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Why was he running loose?
Some people allow their cats that freedom. Id rather not debate plus its not the point of my post. Im just curious what the nature of this could be. Apparently its common and according to this article not with a clear answer as to the cause.

Half Cat Mutilations Continue | Paranormal

Id like to think its just how a particular predator eats but it is strange how they are cut straight through. I dont want to spend much space on the obvious feelings one must experience faced with this but in case the fact ive not included it thus far is weird ill just say im currently fighting hard to hold back my feelings. Id like to forget but obviously much easier said than done and especially with the strange circumstances. A quick google search on "cat found cut in half" has a lot of results

Anyway, just querying to see what kind of local feedback i might get on this. Any other prey found in these strange conditions?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:32 PM

Pet cat found severed in half, disemboweled in East Naples neighborhood

A local article on similar cases. No blood, no mess, clean cut, no lower half found.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:03 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
After doing a google search it appears that neighborhood's had an issue with someone killing cats, the same way you describe, for a few years.
Very sad.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
After doing a google search it appears that neighborhood's had an issue with someone killing cats, the same way you describe, for a few years.
Very sad.
Around here you mean? I can't really look much into it at the moment but it appears very common and possibly by the hands of people but I guess either way this is the reality we live in. It's very fresh with me atm but I'm deeply contemplating the nature and value of life. I was just cuddling him a few hours ago. Hmm... Mother nature.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:57 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
Some people allow their cats that freedom. Id rather not debate plus its not the point of my post. Im just curious what the nature of this could be. Apparently its common and according to this article not with a clear answer as to the cause.

Half Cat Mutilations Continue | Paranormal

Id like to think its just how a particular predator eats but it is strange how they are cut straight through. I dont want to spend much space on the obvious feelings one must experience faced with this but in case the fact ive not included it thus far is weird ill just say im currently fighting hard to hold back my feelings. Id like to forget but obviously much easier said than done and especially with the strange circumstances. A quick google search on "cat found cut in half" has a lot of results

Anyway, just querying to see what kind of local feedback i might get on this. Any other prey found in these strange conditions?
Some people might allow their cats that freedom but the city of Cape Coral does not. You were allowing your cat to roam and annoy others which is against the law.

Didn't we warn you about this in an earlier thread regarding your roaming cat?

I'm sorry your cat was killed, but you need to accept responsibility for this.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:41 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Was the collar loose. You might have the answer to who killed your cat.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Some people might allow their cats that freedom but the city of Cape Coral does not. You were allowing your cat to roam and annoy others which is against the law.

Didn't we warn you about this in an earlier thread regarding your roaming cat?

I'm sorry your cat was killed, but you need to accept responsibility for this.
I think you're saying i've been justly served for one because I shouldn't have been annoying my neighbors and two I shouldn't have been breaking the law.

Well I don't know there is any evidence I've annoyed anyone. But my post has annoyed you and yours me but we would never suggest banning us from participating in this forum for example to protect our selves from being annoyed. That would be extreme no?

As far as the law... Well, there's those that follow the law as a matter of doctrine first, then their own consciences 2nd as matters of experimental individuality, which are most of us, and then there are those that follow their own consciences 1st as a matter of self trust and reliance, then the law second as a means to stay out of prison and get along with neighbors where absolutely necessary. The 'weirdos', outcasts, social pariahs, anarchists, outliers, and the extraordinary individuals who make history, who dictate the future and provide beautiful art and entertainment for the rest of us who only know how to consume and follow easy cookie cutting laws and pay taxes to fuel the machine.

And you either get my point or you don't. But thanks for that small part about being sorry. He was a wonderful little boy. Didn't annoy anyone but possibly some psychopath or some uptight person who would frown upon an innocent cat enjoying his life. Responsibility is a concept, a choice, not a rule, unless rules are what you live by. But then we should refer to the previous paragraph.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:54 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
I think you're saying i've been justly served for one because I shouldn't have been annoying my neighbors and two I shouldn't have been breaking the law.

Well I don't know there is any evidence I've annoyed anyone. But my post has annoyed you and yours me but we would never suggest banning us from participating in this forum for example to protect our selves from being annoyed. That would be extreme no?

As far as the law... Well, there's those that follow the law as a matter of doctrine first, then their own consciences 2nd as matters of experimental individuality, which are most of us, and then there are those that follow their own consciences 1st as a matter of self trust and reliance, then the law second as a means to stay out of prison and get along with neighbors where absolutely necessary. The 'weirdos', outcasts, social pariahs, anarchists, outliers, and the extraordinary individuals who make history, who dictate the future and provide beautiful art and entertainment for the rest of us who only know how to consume and follow easy cookie cutting laws and pay taxes to fuel the machine.

And you either get my point or you don't. But thanks for that small part about being sorry. He was a wonderful little boy. Didn't annoy anyone but possibly some psychopath or some uptight person who would frown upon an innocent cat enjoying his life. Responsibility is a concept, a choice, not a rule, unless rules are what you live by. But then we should refer to the previous paragraph.
I was right...you did have a thread regarding your neighbor and your cat.

Did your post annoy me? No, it did not. Roaming cats annoy me. Did your cat annoy your neighbors? Yes, he did. Did your neighbor kill your cat? I doubt it...there's far too many other things out there that could've done it, but the fact remains; if you had been a responsible owner and kept your cat indoors he'd be alive today.

Cats like yours ('free' cats, if you will) are picked up by Animal Control all the time...our HOA just set out traps to pick up the strays/roamers that were left behind by a former resident. If your cat has a chip, great they will find you and issue an ticket. If not, he'll go to the shelter for x amount of days and then be put down. Why do this to your pet you claim to love so much??

You don't have to like the leash law, you just have to abide by it...it's a cat and giving him 'freedom' isn't going to change to the free world in any way shape or form...your cat wasn't Rosa Park for goodness sake.

Why did you move to Cape Coral which is basically one big HOA full of laws, rules and ordinances? Maybe you need to move to the unincorporated area of Lee County...Suncoast would be a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area