Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:14 PM

179 posts, read 347,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilo86 View Post
thanks Swimmy

good idea Living the Dream. great idea.

If you do decide to stay a few weeks in an extended stay place, also try to get out on a boat to check out the boating in the area. That is, after all, one of the main draws to the area, and one of the main reasons you cite for considering this area. Wife and I would be glad to show you the boating area and take you out on the boat, .... but will be traveling from mid-June until early August. Other than those times, we could be available to take you on a test spin of the area.
We live in the area you are looking: SW Cape Coral, south of Cape Coral Parkway. Boat is right behind the house on canal. Hard to beat that convenience and lifestyle.

Last edited by Living the Florida Dream; 05-24-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 06:14 AM

199 posts, read 567,946 times
OP, we are boaters in the cape, and there are plenty of younger folks out on the water. Granted, there are plenty of older ones, too (we're in our 50s) but I really do not see this being an issue for you. We see young guys out on their bass boats fishing all the time. And there is no shortage of young folks in pontoon boats and go fast boats out enjoying the water as well. Just bring a fat wallet, because canal-front property isn't cheap. I should know - I'm in the market for one right now. Good luck!

Old 05-28-2017, 10:42 AM

33 posts, read 32,175 times
At 30 years old,i would avoid the entire West Coast of FL, it's mostly a conservative,backwards retirement community, i wouldn't even consider Tampa at 30 yo, Great boating and younger crowd on the South East side of FL, could find something decent in your budget too.

Old 05-28-2017, 10:46 AM

33 posts, read 32,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
We call it Cape Coma here in SWFL.....thats all you need to know about it. There is no real beach in CC. Its just sprawling strip malls (some empty) and cookie cutter homes splattered in between. Theres nothing there for anyone of your demographic at all. At your age (which I am) SWFL should not even be on your radar. Its a retirement community. Even the people who check you out at the food store are old. A lot of young people are moving away, us included, to cheaper and more lively places. Retirement and 55+ communities outnumber actual family friendly ones. I can promise you in the dead of summer when the heat index is 117 and the beach water is 98 you won't be out there. Its too dangerously oppressive and hot to be outside. Its not like you see on the post cards hun.
Agreed, mostly baby boomers that moved here from "the fly over states" denying this reality.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:53 PM

12 posts, read 11,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exus View Post
At 30 years old,i would avoid the entire West Coast of FL, it's mostly a conservative,backwards retirement community, i wouldn't even consider Tampa at 30 yo, Great boating and younger crowd on the South East side of FL, could find something decent in your budget too.

Wouldn't even consider Tampa huh?

Where would you recommend I look in SE? 500k home w/ boat & dock in my backyard....

Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 AM

195 posts, read 271,998 times
Let's take a look at reality in Lee County.
If we compare the number of those living here by age group we find:

Age 20-40=139,793
Age 60-80=176,382

If you want more information on Demographics, check this out:
https://swfleda.com/demographics/

It looks like this is not really such an "old folks" saturated place after all.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:57 AM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Quote:
Agreed, mostly baby boomers that moved here from "the fly over states" denying this reality.
I don't think we deny anything. We really don't care as we have our life and young people have their life.
I mean do you think we lose sleep because you want to move to a faster paced place? I see lots of younger people around CC and Ft. Myers. I am sure there is more to do some other places but you have to anti-social not to have fun in CC/Ft Myers area no matter your age. I don't think it is necessary to scare people away from the area until they come experience them selves.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 715 times
Mike I moved here from Cincinnati in my early 30s and met my spouse here. There are many places for people your age to go and meet people. I live in South Fort Myers and they are people of different age groups. There are families, singles, snowbirds - all different phase of life. It is not just retired people. Bonita is expensive that is why only wealthy retirees live there. I have many friends in their 30s that live here and love it. You should come and not look back. You'll be glad you did. Especially if you love boating and the water. The winters are great here.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:19 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,090,194 times
Did you decide yet? Seeing that you are from a big city, Cincinnati, Tampa would be a better transition. If you want a more laid back atmosphere, yeah Cape Coral all the way. Im mid thirties, anything really below Tampa on the Gulf side is very quiet. With your budget, you can get a house on the Hillsborough river and have your boat out to Bay. You will have access to city amenities like Tampa International and a better dating pool. Good luck and please dont become the out of town guy that knocks Florida, but seeing you are form Ohio and not New York, may be a different story.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:40 AM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Quote:
You are the reason they said nice people live on the west side lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area