Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 02:23 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times

Advertisements

Across the country, every neighborhood is different, so nothing is a sure bet, but I found the people in swFlorida to be incredibly unfriendly. They were a lot more friendly in Orlando, that's for sure. It had a more Southern feel up there.

I'm very outgoing, but up here in TN I didn't even get the chance to make the first step. There was a constant stream of welcomers when we first moved in.

So you can make the first move. I always did. But if people don't want to socialize, you can't make them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
It's HOT. Wait til it cools a bit, then spend some time outside, in the front. If they don't come out to do the garbage or something, you'll at least see them moving their window treatments or getting in their cars. Make the first move then. Ask non-yes or no questions.
"When was the last block party", - not, "do they ever have block parties?" Or, "what does the neighborhoood do for Halloween?" Things like that. You take the first step.
Obviously if you are unhappy with the situation, you make the first move, and they maybe unhappy too, but waiting for someone else.
Making mountains out of molehills makes for strangers. And with all the goings on that are happening down here with vacate homes and crime in broad daylight it would serve you to make the first step.
Wishing you the best, especially for your children................

Im outside all the time, Im the only one on the street who cares about the look of the front of his house. I keep my garden nice with nice looking plants, keep them trimmed, have the nicest grass too, but nobody else is ever outside, they pay someone to cut the grass and it gets scalped and nobody pays any attention to flowering plants either.. Their loss, Im a helluva guy to have on your side.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,446 times
I am a mother of 7, paying 6800.00 a month for my mortgage and this company told me if I payed 700.00 for 4-5 then they could help me save my home, and I would like to know if this is a scam, or if any one can help me find a company whom will work with me,Please.tlanabel@yahoo.com thank you

Old 10-04-2009, 09:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsie2 View Post
I am a mother of 7, paying 6800.00 a month for my mortgage and this company told me if I payed 700.00 for 4-5 then they could help me save my home, and I would like to know if this is a scam, or if any one can help me find a company whom will work with me,Please.tlanabel@yahoo.com thank you
You do not contact an outside company. They will steal your money. Contact the bank or mortgage company.

No outside company is going to save your home. They are going to steal your home and your money. I'm pretty tired right now but I'm sure I can find info about that for you in the morning.

You contact the person that is holding your mortgage. Then you contact the government and see if you qualify for a rework. But whatever you do, do not give an outside company any money and do not sign anything, please. What you will be doing is signing the house away to them.

Okay?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:04 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,241 times
Default no, no , no, no, no, no

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsie2 View Post
did I say "NO"?????? it's a scam! give no one any money to save you money....... or you will look like this

Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,241 times
are you kidding? $6800 a month???? holy $hit!!!!! where was your head when you signed up for that? and now you can't afford that? you should be spanked, HARD the best thing for you to do is declare bankruptcy, seriously, thats the only way your gonna stay off the inevitable, for a little time.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 AM

317 posts, read 772,311 times
$6,800 a month makes me want to vomit and it's not even my mortgage payment.

You need to talk to your bank. If they won't help, you need to declare bankruptcy. That is insane and unsustainable. Again, like TJ said, where was your head when you signed up for that?!?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:21 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,858,428 times
hey, if you were making 15k a month, easily, then a 6800$ mortgage was no big deal

i was, at one point making 6-7k a month, and paying 3500$/mo in mortgage

you are absolutely right, it was NOT sustainable

Old 10-13-2009, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,343 times
Default Tell me about Cape Coral....

We are concidering a move to Cape Coral from the North East.

Can you tell me how it is to live there?

Is it safe?

How are the schools? We have 2 teenagers.

How are the people?

I see house prices are good. We have visited a few times and are strongly concidering a move.

We are sick of snow and Cape Coral is beautiful.

Thanks for any info you can give us to help in outr decision.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM

41 posts, read 148,413 times
Personally I love it here. The climate is perfect. Hot in the summer but it is hot no matter where you live and beautiful all winter. Job's are not good right now so don't come without any job security. If you don't have to work now is perfect because there aren't as many people here as last year so the line's in restaurant's and store's are much shorter. Traffic is much better than usual. Rent is very reasonable right now also. If you can afford it here it really is paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area