Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:43 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times

Advertisements

Many of us snowbirds won't be down there to clean up until November or so.I'm wondering if the city will pick up debris at curbside. I've got a couple of 30' palms that lost their tops and have to come down,also a lot of damaged branches and shrubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 05:34 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,229,731 times
If you’re in a HOA likely they will do it for you and send you a bill.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,361,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
If you’re in a HOA likely they will do it for you and send you a bill.
Not likely. Our HOA has been trying for weeks to find a contractor to pick up the debris with no luck. FEMA is responsible but it may take months for a FEMA contractor to come around. Most HOAs I am aware of are leaving it up to homeowners who want it removed before FEMA comes around. I paid my landscaping contractor to do it as have many others in my community.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Fortunately I just had a frangipani fall over but I can't get anybody over to fix it and prop it up again. I just bought this house from my deceased aunt's estate and the guy she had doing the yard barely speaks English and I doubt that he would have the slightest clue as to how to fix my poor tree. I tried to lift it myself but it is too heavy.

The tree debris is everywhere and on the news last night they were talking about all this becoming fuel during our fire season. It really is a mess.

There is a big, beautiful oak tree near where I currently live in a condo complex but it was severely damaged and now has a big red X on it. Reminds me of the movie Fern Gulley. :-(

Old 10-07-2017, 07:13 AM

416 posts, read 408,448 times
It’s sad to think about the long term damage to environment and the thousands of tons of garbage getting added to the landfills. Hopefully FL and the tropics have a quiet hurricane season next year.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:21 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
Actually,we're not in an HOA just live on a residential street in CC.In the past when I have a lot trimmings from trees and shrubs (our place is like the jungle) instead of bundling for Waste Pro,I just pile it all up and call for a special pick up with the claw truck.I can do that in November but just thinking that there might be special arrangements due to the storm.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:25 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,229,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Actually,we're not in an HOA just live on a residential street in CC.In the past when I have a lot trimmings from trees and shrubs (our place is like the jungle) instead of bundling for Waste Pro,I just pile it all up and call for a special pick up with the claw truck.I can do that in November but just thinking that there might be special arrangements due to the storm.
Everyone for themselves I’m afraid. My HOA gave us the option of doing it ourselves or we would have it taken care of mid-Oct and get billed. I like others paid so it didn’t kill the grass (which would need replacing at my cost).

Old 10-10-2017, 09:25 AM

297 posts, read 509,123 times
Just loaded mine on a utility trailer and took it too the a recycler. Cost me $16.00 to dump it. I got tired of it sitting there, threw my neighbors on it also, figured if I had to pay for a load may as well make it a full one. Not sure when the County/City will get around to picking it all up. Another service the, lot mowers are coming around and wouldn't be able to mow around the piles so it had to go.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:56 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,744,120 times
I"m in North Fort Myers my block was picked up yesterday. I'm on a dead end and for about 10 houses it filled the double truck and they had to come out later that day with an empty truck to pick up the next street. The street I live on lost a lot of trees so it took several loads to haul them all away. I hear them on the next block over behind my street today.

What sucks is that the truck was so big it blocked the street so when the recycling pick up came by they could not enter so now my recycling can is almost full and I have to wait for next week. I'm lucky I did't have to leave or come home while they were here because there was no way around them and I'm on a dead end so there was no other way around them.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:20 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
These giant, tall piles of debris are making it harder to see people or cars coming. My new place is in Cape Coral and they haven't done anything there yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area