Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 08:15 AM

319 posts, read 612,390 times

Advertisements

To all of my Fellow Lee, Collier, and Charlotte County Residents:

Over the mothers day weekend I did what all dads and husbands do when we have too many things to get done but don't want to burden our wives on this weekend.

I buy food "To-Go"

Here are a couple of observations:

1) Our labor force is short (anyone who wishes to work is working)
2) Our Service Industry is using Teenagers in order to fill the gaps during the weekend
3) Our patience level for "Poor Service" vs. "Money Spent" is at an ALL TIME LOW

These mitigating factors should force us all to eat dinner at home. But since it is all a matter of time and convenience please do me this favor....

Follow the GOLDEN RULE: Do unto others as you would have done unto you!

If you are okay with people throwing food at you, being yelled at and cursed at and basically being "Bullied"... Then fine, I hope you show constraint and poise when it happens to you..

But some of the things I witnessed over the past three days is inexcusable.

It is as if we are forgetting to that civility can solve problems too.

My greatest fear is that the movie "Idocracy" is actually a look into our future and not a comical piece of fiction.

BE CIVIL, ASK FOR A REFUND, DONT GO NUCLEAR

Please remember we are training the Future Work Force of America.

When I get poor service, if I haven't paid, I leave, if it really bothers me, I'll go the Social Route and leave a review on YELP. If the owner or managers care, they will make it right.

But our pinchet to Over Power People (To Be Customer Bully's) is not real life... Most of these people who choose this route usually "Melt" when someone puts them in "check".. As I had to do 3 times this weekend.

To those three people, I apologize if I scared you, having a 300lbs Wooly Mammoth in your face backing you down is not the way I wanted to spend my weekend, but I felt it was necessary to curtail the abuses I witnessed.

In the future, stay cool and request a refund OK? This could be happening to your kids on their first job one day..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 12:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,426,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post

When I get poor service, if I haven't paid, I leave, if it really bothers me, I'll go the Social Route and leave a review on YELP. If the owner or managers care, they will make it right.
Is writing 15 positive ones themselves making it right?

Old 05-15-2018, 01:08 PM

319 posts, read 612,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Is writing 15 positive ones themselves making it right?

LOL, that is the world we live in.. Fake News and Fake Reviews.

Old 05-15-2018, 04:05 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post

But our pinchet to Over Power People.
You shouldn't be pinching people.

I think you mean penchant.

Yes service workers are getting worse. A lack of self respect and no willingness to help customers. "if we have it it's in aisle 9" is what they say. I think some places are better run than others. Some places will walk you to the item. Other places will see long lines at the register and hide or pretend to be doing something else instead of opening their lanes. That's why I prefer to shop at places with self checkout.

Customers area bad too. I was at a Winn Dixie a few weeks ago and the express check out was closed so I wanted to pay at the service register where they do lottery tickets. Some guy is sitting there chatting with the worker and she's chatting too instead of ringing him up as the line grows longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: