Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

Paseo is beautiful but the HOA fees are very expensive. My niece lives there and the fees are over $700 a month. However you do get a lot for that money and the pool area is absolutely gorgeous. I feel like I'm on vacation when I visit her. They have an ice cream parlor, a movie theatre, beautiful gym, etc.

I agree that I wish Fort Myers had more walkable areas other than downtown Fort Myers but it is what it is. Welcome to Suburbia. Also just about every nice home in Fort Myers these days is in a gated community which means you will have HOA fees just about everywhere you go whether a single family or a condo/townhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 08:01 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,431,354 times
Any final decision ?

Old 08-31-2018, 04:45 PM

29 posts, read 79,627 times
Just let me add my two cents. I am a native New Yorker. Moved to Pittsburgh, then in 2008 we bought a second home in Cape Coral. I absolutely love it here. As for neighbors, I know them all. Even when we were back in Pennsylvania I had regular contact with them. When Irma hit last year we were in Pittsburgh. Our home has impact glass windows and a brand new roof, so we opened up our house to our neighbors. We had 8 neighbors and their 5 dogs living out the hurricane in our home. They were told to act like it was theirs. This year after Christmas I never left. My husband makes trips back north periodically but I refuse to leave. There is so much to do here. Festivals for just about everything and farmer's markets all over. I find the people friendly and the restaurants are numerous and top notch. Best of luck to you on your search, but for me I found my little slice of heaven.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 AM

708 posts, read 721,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdubs1987 View Post
So I take it you're not a fan of the area lol.....but I appreciate your thoughts.

I have been to the area and I'm not so starry eyed. Actually, a career opportunity in the area came to us which is prompting the move and we want to find the best place for us in the area. We spend significant time in Brandon/Valrico since our family is there....so not unfamiliar with the heat/true Florida atmosphere. Brandon/Valrico is not a tourist destination. My boyfriend lived in Florida for 27 years, so this isn't a situation where we wanted to move to a vacation spot, we want to move to be closer to family. He is in a very niche career so not many companies offer his role, so unfortunately, not a ton of options in Florida. We were originally looking closer to Brandon/Tampa area but no such luck. Im not a fan of Miami so that wouldn't work for us at all either.

Just looking for a neighborhood folks would recommend for young professionals. We are willing to look in Naples as well or North of Ft. Myers...we don't mind a commute.
Don't listen to Sweetbottoms, she is negative all the time on Ft Myers area. I don't what happened to make her so negative but she does not even live here anymore. If you could find a good realtor company and call them (I know you are looking at renting but they might help you with that too) Traffic is bad sometimes but nothing like big cities so don't worry about that especially if you can live in an area where lots of things are close. Come and enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area