Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcmagor View Post
The boat is on a lift in the back yard, ready to go fishing or lunch at dozens of waterfront restaurants. We have car shows, art shows, bike night, boat shows, seafood festivals, Octoberfest, beachfront music at the yacht club and many other events to visit or otherwise occupy our time. New restaurants opening constantly. Retail locations for virtually anything needed within a few miles. Yet it's best to relax on the lanai and watch the palm tress sway while the snow piles up where we came from!

If there is heaven on earth, I think we found it!
Glad you are enjoying it. I lived in Cape Coral for almost 25 years. Loved it. I moved about 2 years ago for a change as my kids are grown now. I was originally from Long Island and the summers here were like to summers there so I didn't have a problem adjusting to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 06:55 PM

43 posts, read 48,817 times
Been back since the end of September. Finally was able to get into the Twisted Lobster for dinner tonight, after a few years of trying and not being willing to wait an hour. The wife loved the clam chowder and ahi tuna. I wouldn't recommend the lobster mac n cheese. Tomorrow, another friend who moved here from up north and I will meet for some fishing off Sanibel Island and go to St. James City by boat for lunch. Afterwards, more fishing and a leisurely cruise back to the homestead. Don't try this up north tomorrow where there's 6-8 inches of snow in the forecast and record lows tomorrow night. Have I mentioned how sweet it is to live here?!

Old 11-12-2019, 12:08 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Good for you bigcmagor! Love your post!

I'm from Myrtle Beach and can tell you that our summers in South Florida are a lot less hot and humid than MB AND Charlotte, NC which is where sweetbottoms is posting from. Charlotte is probably the worst city in the south. It's landlocked with unreal heat and humidity in the summer and ice and snow in winter.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:17 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Lets revisit this in June, July, August, and Sept (also Oct and NOV) when all of that stuff stops cause its not season and its been 114 heat index with 100% humidity and dew point for months already with no end in sight.
Lol... it never fails! Someone posts something positive and some people just can’t wait to rain on their parade and try to ruin it for them.
Good for you OP... enjoy your good fortune!

Old 11-12-2019, 05:53 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,426,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Lol... it never fails! Someone posts something positive and some people just can’t wait to rain on their parade and try to ruin it for them.
Look at the time of Sweatbottom's post. Miss Ray-O-Sunshine hasn't been here for a while.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:18 AM

669 posts, read 320,996 times
I'm Canada, but appreciate reading OP's genuine expression of contentment. I've been to Florida just a few times and yupp, would definitely love to be there in the winters in older age. It reminds me of the time I was in Key West and makes me imagine riding in the boats, stopping at those restaurants, taking in all the beauty. It's dammn cold today with record breaking cold up here. Thanks OP.. needed that bit of warmth.

Old 11-14-2019, 05:25 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
please refer to post #16 in this topic thread to understand why this is.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Lets revisit this in June, July, August, and Sept (also Oct and NOV) when all of that stuff stops cause its not season and its been 114 heat index with 100% humidity and dew point for months already with no end in sight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcmagor View Post
We come down in September and stay through mid April, so I know the heat and humidity of which you write. We have a home up north as well and if forced to choose one for our permanent home, it would be the Cape Coral home. I'd rather be inside in a/c for part of the day during the summer than inside 24/7 all winter long up north. There's no six month perma-cloud in Florida either. It's not for everyone here but it's certainly for me. YMMV.
Quote:
Its triple digits heat index at night in the summer in SWFL.. Many nights (such as the 4th of July) were spent soaked in sweat at 10pm soaked in sweat trying to watch fireworks cause it was still 102... its not part of the day.. its all day every day for 8 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoLiberal View Post
If you think SWFL is heaven on earth you are reading the wrong book buddy

Funny how people bit** about the hot weather here in the Summer, but they still live here. I've lived all over this country, and will die here in SW Florida. NO PLACE IS PERFECT, but overall, this one is a good as they come.

If you live up North, you freeze your ass off for 6 months out of a year, if you live in California, you have things like fire to worry about, and it is crowded and fast as Hell.

Yes, the Summers are hot here, but the world is heating up (regardless of what the deniers tell you), but then we get the late Fall, Winter, and early Spring temps that are terrific.

I agree with the OP, I feel fortunate that I found this area, and have lived here for almost 40 years. When I am out in one of my open cars in December, in shorts, it is sure better than shoveling that white stuff so you can get out of your front door !

And, if it bothers some people so much, I 75 runs both ways, ya know.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:39 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,583,401 times
Quote:
also horribly humid from mid-April and May. But once June hits, it's a whole nutha level up in humidity. Dude from Toronto had to take 1-2 minute break on the court in May. I am not a native but I remember my first few times playing a sport outdoors in June in Miami. A near-death experience but it'll clean those toxins out your body.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 3,135 times
Of course every state has their ups and downs no matter where you are ... never fails someone complains about it, however I'm glad you are enjoying your piece of paradise and welcome to SWFL .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area