Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 PM

35 posts, read 50,254 times

Advertisements

[quote= no public transportation in forms of trains/subways...[/QUOTE]

AWESOME!!! Glad to be here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 12:45 PM

74 posts, read 88,685 times
It's supposed to be 8 degrees this Sunday on Long Island (1/20/19 for future reference). Those of you in FL who have forgot how that feels, you're outside for only 3 minutes and your fingers and ears are in real physical pain, nose is numb and running, breathing is difficult. Impossible to do even the most simplest tasks outside. You run from the front door to the car and then sit there shaking for 5+ minutes until the heat comes up.
I am retiring to Ft Myers in 195 days and can not wait. I have a beautiful house there with a pool. I'll be bring my boat (30 ft sailboat) down with me. For me hot or cold, I'll take hot any day.

Old 01-18-2019, 02:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEL276 View Post
It's supposed to be 8 degrees this Sunday on Long Island (1/20/19 for future reference). Those of you in FL who have forgot how that feels, you're outside for only 3 minutes and your fingers and ears are in real physical pain, nose is numb and running, breathing is difficult. Impossible to do even the most simplest tasks outside. You run from the front door to the car and then sit there shaking for 5+ minutes until the heat comes up.
I am retiring to Ft Myers in 195 days and can not wait. I have a beautiful house there with a pool. I'll be bring my boat (30 ft sailboat) down with me. For me hot or cold, I'll take hot any day.
Enjoy the move. You wont miss stuff like this:

https://www.nj.com/expo/news/g66l-20...ter-storm.html

Old 01-18-2019, 02:46 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Lets revisit this in June, July, August, and Sept (also Oct and NOV) when all of that stuff stops cause its not season and its been 114 heat index with 100% humidity and dew point for months already with no end in sight.

That's my favorite time of the year. It's way too cold now for me now. March to November is my favorite time. However, I only go IN the water June-September.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:21 PM

603 posts, read 442,588 times
I don’t understand why people who complain about the heat don’t use A/C .... if you had a job outdoors it might be problematic but mostly people have some kind of climate control.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:24 PM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
I don’t understand why people who complain about the heat don’t use A/C .... if you had a job outdoors it might be problematic but mostly people have some kind of climate control.

Or why they live in Florida to begin with. A huge chunk of the world has summers equal or greater than Florida many of which think Florida's climate is a little bit too cool.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:54 PM

297 posts, read 509,360 times
My wife and I moved here from Maryland. We love it here, for all those who do not, I agree its not for everyone. But for us its perfect. Yes the summers are hot and humid, but its a small price to pay for the other 6-8 months of great weather.
I feel some moved down to SWFL without fully understanding the climate, they could not afford to leave and now are bitter and feel trapped here.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:54 PM

603 posts, read 442,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Or why they live in Florida to begin with. A huge chunk of the world has summers equal or greater than Florida many of which think Florida's climate is a little bit too cool.
Yes I mean if you think Florida is hot and sticky try Brazil ... Florida is mild

Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEL276 View Post
This post says it all!

I will try to recite this post to people I meet that complain about a hot summer. (June to Oct).

'Arctic Blast' is predicted for the Chiefs / Patriots playoff game in Kansas City this Sunday! Its not just the North East with miserable weather. I'll be boating on Sunday!

Yes if you work outside, it sucks! I would hate to be a roofer, landscaper, farm worker, etc. If you have an office job, driving job, etc. the summers are fine.

And then we have just gorgeous weather like what we've had so far in 2019!

Old 01-19-2019, 01:00 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,430,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
This post says it all!

I will try to recite this post to people I meet that complain about a hot summer. (June to Oct).

'Arctic Blast' is predicted for the Chiefs / Patriots playoff game in Kansas City this Sunday! Its not just the North East with miserable weather. I'll be boating on Sunday!

Yes if you work outside, it sucks! I would hate to be a roofer, landscaper, farm worker, etc. If you have an office job, driving job, etc. the summers are fine.

And then we have just gorgeous weather like what we've had so far in 2019!
Yep! And you wont get a heart attack shoveling snow in Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area