Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 05:50 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Lol you aren’t worth any strain so no I didn’t!
Nothing there to strain evidentily I note. Double negatives, nice. You education is showing. Really, lack thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 08:20 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,214,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Nothing there to strain evidentily I note. Double negatives, nice. You education is showing. Really, lack thereof.
I only speak the truth! Good day sir

Old 02-03-2019, 03:55 PM

Enjoy you composition classes.

Good night.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:37 PM

22 posts, read 22,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
In the grand scheme of things you should be more concerned about the cost of homeowners insurance and property taxes...but that’s just me 2 cents ����*♀️
Yes, I'm checking into all costs. My budget guesstimates are for a home in the $250K - $300K range. Based upon the green fees I've seen for some areas of FL, the golf could easily surpass the homeowners insurance and property taxes combined for a home of that value. Even at just a few rounds per week...

Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSoli View Post
Yes, I'm checking into all costs. My budget guesstimates are for a home in the $250K - $300K range. Based upon the green fees I've seen for some areas of FL, the golf could easily surpass the homeowners insurance and property taxes combined for a home of that value. Even at just a few rounds per week...
Depending on the Hurrican Zone for your new home, there are insurance companies that provide hurricane/flood insurance (insurance companies look at each as a seperate issue so check with a good local insurance agent on insurance for both issues with proper limits/deductible) vs. the Government plan which has more restrictions. Our agent found a well known insurance company and since we were right inside a goid rated zone, 8nsurance was nit a deal budget buster.

Flood zones

https://msc.fema.gov/portal/search

This includes evacuation zone info

https://www.floridadisaster.org/knowyourzone/

Flood hazard areas identified on the Flood Insurance Rate Map are identified as a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). SFHA are defined as the area that will be inundated by the flood event having a 1-percent chance of being equaled or exceeded in any given year. The 1-percent annual chance flood is also referred to as the base flood or 100-year flood. SFHAs are labeled as Zone A, Zone AO, Zone AH, Zones A1-A30, Zone AE, Zone A99, Zone AR, Zone AR/AE, Zone AR/AO, Zone AR/A1-A30, Zone AR/A, Zone V, Zone VE, and Zones V1-V30. Moderate flood hazard areas, labeled Zone B or Zone X (shaded) are also shown on the FIRM, and are the areas between the limits of the base flood and the 0.2-percent-annual-chance (or 500-year) flood. The areas of minimal flood hazard, which are the areas outside the SFHA and higher than the elevation of the 0.2-percent-annual-chance flood, are labeled Zone C or Zone X (unshaded).

We lucked out as the way they drew boundries we were right inside where the lowest hazard zone is. Of course storms do not read maps but its the methodolgy insurance companies use when setting rate.

Our newly constructed home on a raised elevation with all the prescribed features also helped.

Buying older frame homes would not get as good premiums.

Good luck in your search!

Old 02-05-2019, 06:41 PM

22 posts, read 22,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Good luck in your search!
Thanks! And thanks very much for the info and links.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSoli View Post
We plan to relocate to Florida in a few years, and I've been researching different areas to compare what our true cost of living might be.

I'd like to GOLF as much as possible! At least 3 -4 rounds per week. I currently live in an area where I can play a round for $25 - $35. Not the greatest courses, but not pasture fields.

I've been checking course websites in Florida to get an idea about green fees in different areas. It looks like over on the gulf, from Tampa down to Fort Myers, a morning round is often $75 or more (18 holes w/cart).

Does that sound about right for the Fort Myers / Cape Coral area? Any info would be appreciated. Cost of GOLF is a major factor in our relocation decision! The gulf side is beautiful, but it looks like a lot of rounds could really add up!

(I'll bug other areas with the same question in their forums).

Thanks!
Have you been back since? Any particular area meeting your requirements?

Good luck

Old 05-14-2019, 08:17 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,140 times
Raptor in Bonita has a $35 hot rate today @ noon..normally $125-$180 in season...gotta love Off-Season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area