U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM

7 posts, read 23,439 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]We're looking for South American type restaurants (sounds like Doc Ford's is one option). Any others? We're willing to drive a little bit. And especially are looking for Peruvian restaurants.

Also, we went to go to a beachfront restaurant/bar with dancing (and kids will be with us). Any recommendations?
[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 05:35 AM

10 posts, read 36,278 times
Default Key Lime Bistro

We love Key lime bistro, the Mucky Duck is right on the water on Captiva also. Jacaranda on sanibel is great too. The only "on the water" that is great for kids on Sanibel is at the Holiday Inn. Their is the rainforest restaurant there. We took my sisters kids there and believe it or not there were 4 foot long baby alligators running freely around the pool area and beach that evening. Where there is a baby, there is normally a mama! We reported this to the hotel and they said that it was normal. The kids got a big kick out of it. We got married on the beach in front of the Mucky duck and rented one of the Bed and Breakfast houses at Key lime bistro for all our guest. It was just beautiful and they are on the same street. (Andy Ross Lane) You can't go wrong there. I know they have a website and you can look at the historic little houses they rent. I believe it is Captiva Island Inn/Captiva Island Vacation Rentals. This one of the very few things I truly enjoy about SWFL. It's just lovely.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:42 AM

Default The Knife Restuarant

Regarding South American restaurants. My husband is from S. America and we have to drive all the way to the east coast of FL to eat at a good argentinian restaurant. Just off of alligator alley. the restaurant has 4 branches on the East coast and is called "The Knife". They have a web site. I wish they would open one over here. Every S. American rest. on the west coast by fort myers has either closed (El Pampa in downtown Naples use to be great)or to be honest, was dirty. You can get alot of caribbean style food here though. Can't go wrong with the Bahama breeze in Fort Myers if you have children with you. They have a steel band everynight there on the patio. Of course, there are alot of new restaurants that recently opened in fort myers at the Gulf Coast Town Center and Coconut Point. I here one of them is a Brazilian restaurant. There is a little peruvian rest. in a strip plaza off of US 41. I believe it is El Pilon. Didn't like there empanadas though. As far as S. American rest. on sanibel, I haven't heard of any yet.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM

6,473 posts, read 14,348,153 times
Default Jaca-como?

I'm sorry I have to disagree thoroughly about the Jacaranda. If you are looking for good, fresh South-American type of seafood stay away! The atmosphere is nice but the food is bland, badly prepared and still just as expensive as actual good food! To excuse them a little, we did go during low season, so the food may be better during the winter.

Our waitress was Peruvian. She actually apologized to us about the food and (after we begged) told us there is a Peruvian restaurant on "Walter" (?) blvd. dang, I can't remember the name of the street. I am sure it's not as fancy as the Jacaranda, but she said they had fresh WHOLE fish and the food is delicious. Maybe this was "el pilon?" For some reason, I'm not super fond of Argentinian food. What makes an empanada good? Do Peruvians eat them, too?

Maybe you can look for "restaurante peruana florida" on Google if you can understand Spanish or you can try to ask someone there when you go. Say "Dawn-dey es-tah une res-tow-rawn-tay pay-roo-ohna" LOL That's close enough so they should be able to understand you. They can write down the streets for you or something.

If you are looking for good food and you don't care where it's from, I would recommend Cin Cin! It's "Mediterranean" and the seafood is to DIE for. We also love Middle Eastern food. The food there is actually a mélange of Spanish, Italian and middle-eastern. It was so delicious. The atmosphere is CHIC the service is VERY professional and the food will make you want to stay there forever. We had scallops and cioppino and paella and some other great stuff. Soo soo SOO fresh tasty and delicious!

I had also wanted to find some "Latin" food, but we couldn't find any! That's kind of weird since so many of the ppl here complain about the Hispanics. I was hoping to find some since I miss authentic food up here. Sigh. Maybe next time. I am sure YOU can find some, though. I suspect you have to ask around to find the good ones.

Picabo, where did you find the Caribbean restaurants?

Old 07-07-2008, 05:33 AM

Smile Forgot the Bubble Room For Kids

On captiva, the kids would love the Bubble Room! It's a sensory overload of 3 floors of toy trains, christmas themes, monkey cages, fish tanks etc. Kids just love it. It's been around for many, many years and is really unique. I don't know if it's still open, but another cool place to go is The Mermaid Kitchen on Sanibel. The desserts were to die for. Everything in this restaurant is neat. It is probably the largest collections of mermaids you will see anywhere! the last time I had good caribbean food here was at 2 different lunches I had in Naples. Tommy Bahamas and at Tin City, I believe it was Riverside? I had a great shrimp dish there with a mango sauce that was very good. We don't go out much anymorel ($6.00 to cross the sanibel bridge!) and too tired to go out from working so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area