U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
 
345 posts, read 397,299 times
Reputation: 141

Advertisements

Ah! a fine place for: sub-prime fallout and falling home values, borderline demented people at the wheel, melanoma, yapping dogs per elderly person ratio (1:1), corrupt local government, sky high property insurance, early bird cuisine (I'm having the brisket Harry. Young lady please hand me one of those Jello's. Harry did you just fart?), Fleet enemas, cataract surgery, and be sure to watch out for the police and emergency people showing up at homes of dopers and deceased people because the odds of pilferage are astronomically high. Harry? What's that awful smell? Dear, that's the ocean. You know all the poop and junk that's dumped into it everyday year after year. How about some grouper for dinner, OK? Nah..think I'll have chicken.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 04-11-2008 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Sunny Naples Florida :)
1,452 posts, read 1,992,845 times
Reputation: 513
it seems as if you are unhappy there and perhaps it would be best for you to move out of swfl. Many people, including myself enjoy swfl and I've learned first hand there are WAY worse places. For me that place is NH... We all have a place we don't like, if you are unhappy you shouldn't stay but leave if at all possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
 
6,300 posts, read 3,458,237 times
Reputation: 11519
I actually wouldn't mind if most of the people moved back north, SWFL was great pre 2001 when it was still a rural community. Wish all of the chum from Miami would go back as well, but fear they are hear to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,792,515 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I actually wouldn't mind if most of the people moved back north, SWFL was great pre 2001 when it was still a rural community. Wish all of the chum from Miami would go back as well, but fear they are hear to stay.
wow a real native , are you seminole? because if your not someone in your family came from up north at one time. So you should leave also. Maybe we should send everyone back to there original countries and leave this place to the indians, after all it is theres. Last I checked this was the USA , and we have boys and girls fighting from the north and the south side by side so we can travel this country and live where we want to. If you dont like this then move out of my country. You see I could care less if 10 thousand southerners moved up north, god bless them we are all one. There are alot of people like you that just dont get it. My father was blown up defending this country so I could have the freedom to live where I want, And my son has friends over seas now, doing the same, One just came home missing both legs and one arm , at the age of 24 , I am sure these young men and women want to be told by someone like you that they should not live in sw florida because you dont like them, just because they are from (up north).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,792,515 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
Ah! a fine place for: sub-prime fallout and falling home values, borderline demented people at the wheel, melanoma, yapping dogs per elderly person ratio (1:1), corrupt local government, sky high property insurance, early bird cuisine (I'm having the brisket Harry. Young lady please hand me one of those Jello's. Harry did you just fart?), Fleet enemas, cataract surgery, and be sure to watch out for the police and emergency people showing up at homes of dopers and deceased people because the odds of pilferage are astronomically high. Harry? What's that awful smell? Dear, that's the ocean. You know all the poop and junk that's dumped into it everyday year after year. How about some grouper for dinner, OK? Nah..think I'll have chicken.
move to idaho. your miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 PM
 
345 posts, read 397,299 times
Reputation: 141
"move to idaho. your miserable."

Corrected punctuation version: "Move to Idaho. You're miserable."

OK, if you say so.

How much does Lee County Chamber of Commerce pay you for schilling?

Seriously, I'm just funning around here so don't get a Long Island hard-on pappy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:25 PM
 
553 posts, read 1,792,515 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
"move to idaho. your miserable."

Corrected punctuation version: "Move to Idaho. You're miserable."

OK, if you say so.

How much does Lee County Chamber of Commerce pay you for schilling?

Seriously, I'm just funning around here so don't get a Long Island hard-on pappy.
pappy !!! I oughta hit ya with my cane. Oh I get 50 bucks. Thanks for the english lesson. and what is wrong with IDaho? Just messin with you too. Dont get your florida thong in a bunch. I know your wet behind the ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2008, 06:32 PM
 
345 posts, read 397,299 times
Reputation: 141
..actually I'm a pappy junior at 50+! When I lived in Florida I read Carl Hiaasen to stay sane. I sometimes wax nostalgically for stone crabs, hurricanes that miss (I went through Andrew), and the sound of steel drums. You all can keep the Palmetto bugs. p.s. don't take me serious, I'm a troubled provocateur (~:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 06:02 AM
 
6,300 posts, read 3,458,237 times
Reputation: 11519
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
wow a real native , are you seminole? because if your not someone in your family came from up north at one time. So you should leave also. Maybe we should send everyone back to there original countries and leave this place to the indians, after all it is theres. Last I checked this was the USA , and we have boys and girls fighting from the north and the south side by side so we can travel this country and live where we want to. If you dont like this then move out of my country. You see I could care less if 10 thousand southerners moved up north, god bless them we are all one. There are alot of people like you that just dont get it. My father was blown up defending this country so I could have the freedom to live where I want, And my son has friends over seas now, doing the same, One just came home missing both legs and one arm , at the age of 24 , I am sure these young men and women want to be told by someone like you that they should not live in sw florida because you dont like them, just because they are from (up north).

Great, I'm glad that your family has sacrificed so much for this country; so has mine. Someone like me who was born and raised here was making a simple observation about the area and not DICKtating where you can live. I'll be glad to see all the transients move out of the area just as quickly as the came here, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

By the way, WTF does this have to do with War or the armed services, freak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2008, 07:14 AM
 
553 posts, read 1,792,515 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Great, I'm glad that your family has sacrificed so much for this country; so has mine. Someone like me who was born and raised here was making a simple observation about the area and not DICKtating where you can live. I'll be glad to see all the transients move out of the area just as quickly as the came here, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

By the way, WTF does this have to do with War or the armed services, freak.
just stating the facts we are all from the usa , you want us all to move back up north. Why ? Do you think you are perfect ? and your own little world was perfect before ? sorry I dont buy it. People should take a long look in the mirror before they start calling people names. You have some growing up to do. have a great day .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top