Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 01:38 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,931,160 times

Advertisements

We just visited Pine Island this last Wednesday, we were staying in Port Charlotte, went to Burnt Store for lunch, and kept driving, just on a whim! We liked the feel of it, and would agree it's a lot like the Keys used to be. Personally, we wouldn't want to be that "far out", 45 minutes to Punta Gorda is a bit much for us, but if you're not looking to go anywhere else much, it seems like PI would be great for you! We went to Woody's, and to another place on the way back in the "town" of Mala-something that I can't remember the name of (too much fun at woody's and there I guess), but those of you who live there surely know which place I'm talking about. We "know" another guy who posts a lot of a forum called "iboats" called Pine Island Fred. Go over there and talk to him too. He's a great guy, he drove all the way up to Harpoon Harry's in PG just to meet us!! If everyone down there is as nice as him and his wife, you'd have great neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 03:27 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
I think you're talking about Matlacha-Cool little fishing town. I'm glad you got a chance to visit several different towns while you were here.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:04 AM

Yep! That's it! As usual, you have the answers!! Here's another one for you though, what's the name of the bar right on the road AND right on the water??

Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 AM

21 posts, read 70,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Yep! That's it! As usual, you have the answers!! Here's another one for you though, what's the name of the bar right on the road AND right on the water??
That's Berts Bar.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:32 AM

That's the place!!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 AM

132 posts, read 557,162 times
Pine Island may be 45 minutes to Punta Gorda but it's only 5 minutes to Cape Coral, and 25 - 30 minutes to Fort Myers or North Fort Myers. All of which are larger and have more going on than Punta Gorda. So it's not as "far out" as it may have seemed to you.
That wasn't a shot at Punta Gorda though I like Punta Gorda. Those towns are just closer.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 5,519 times
What is the insect population like on Pine Is.? Any lyme disease in the area???

Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM

4 posts, read 15,423 times
Question Relocating

[quote=MikeP;3526962]I live on Pine Island and love it. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. The previous posts were pretty accurate. It does have a small town / country feeling yet it's close to the things you need.
We have a few acres and where else can you afford acreage on an island?
It's not for everyone though. If you are expecting Sanibel or Captiva you may be disappointed. Pine Island has some beautiful private beaches, but only a few small public access parks. It's famous for great fishing.
We love to rides our bikes and it's a wonderful places for that.
Feel free to send me a direct message or ask more Q's here. I could recommend resturants, realtors, ....whatever
Good luck.[/quote

We are looking to relocate, would you know of any Mobile Home 55+ communities on or near Pine Island?? Or anything else you could recomend. Our issue is that we have 2 dogs, one Golden small, and one Cocker Spanial 24lbs. it's hard to find a place that would accept both dogs. we're looking to buy a pre owned home.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM

12 posts, read 33,353 times
Red's Fresh Seafood House and Tavern in Bokeelia is my favorite eatery on Pine Island.

The Tarpon Lodge in Pineland is also incredible for lunch and/or dinner.

For a nice historical walk on Pine Island, try across the road from the Tarpon Lodge at the Calusa Heritage Trail.

And Andy's Island Seafood at Matlacha Pass is where I go to get all my fresh fish...it's right across the street from Bert's and the Bridgewater Inn.

Hope I've been helpful!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,000 times
Just bought a lot on Pine Island. I'm getting back on "Island Time". Yayyy. Still gotta work for the next 10 years so that I can build my dream house, but a man's gotta have a dream to work towards. In the meantime, I'm going to be coming down almost every weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area