U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2008, 05:26 AM

93 posts, read 360,319 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anyone here know much about this area? We thought we would take a look at it, and Englwood. Looking to purchase a home. We are retired. I would love to hear from anyone who knows about this area.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 08:31 AM

35 posts, read 131,282 times
Pine Island is a unique community. I recommend you visit it because you will either love it or hate it. There are some great places to eat only known by locals and a ton of art galleries along the main road. It seems like a very slow, close-nit, laid back fishing community. I only go over there to eat, so I can't offer much more insight than that.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:39 AM

Thanks for the info

Old 04-19-2008, 06:59 AM
Status: "In my anti Corona hidey hole......." (set 6 days ago)

5,412 posts, read 6,445,683 times
mhoward, I tend to agree with what was posted above, but will add this..It does have a more old timey, neighborly feel. I like that, but some others may be put off by it. That feeling of everybody knows what everybody else is doing kinda pervades. It probably is the only place left in Lee county where you can have the combination of quiet, very low crime, and AFFORDABILITY in one place. The main access road thru Cape Coral (Pine Island Rd.) has recently seen lots of development in terms of shopping, restauraunts and the like. The advantage being, the island hasnt lost it's secluded feel, yet there are many more conveniences nearby, than there were, only two years ago. The current economic downturn in this area, may help to preserve Pine Island a bit longer, a positive thing in my book. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
mhoward, I tend to agree with what was posted above, but will add this..It does have a more old timey, neighborly feel. I like that, but some others may be put off by it. That feeling of everybody knows what everybody else is doing kinda pervades. It probably is the only place left in Lee county where you can have the combination of quiet, very low crime, and AFFORDABILITY in one place. The main access road thru Cape Coral (Pine Island Rd.) has recently seen lots of development in terms of shopping, restauraunts and the like. The advantage being, the island hasnt lost it's secluded feel, yet there are many more conveniences nearby, than there were, only two years ago. The current economic downturn in this area, may help to preserve Pine Island a bit longer, a positive thing in my book. Good luck with your search.

I like the sound of that myself. We have always lived out in the country. We like the kind of peace and quiet, compared to a busy high traffic area. It does sound nice. I appreciate the comments and help you all provide for me, and others here.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM

132 posts, read 516,046 times
I live on Pine Island and love it. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. The previous posts were pretty accurate. It does have a small town / country feeling yet it's close to the things you need.
We have a few acres and where else can you afford acreage on an island?
It's not for everyone though. If you are expecting Sanibel or Captiva you may be disappointed. Pine Island has some beautiful private beaches, but only a few small public access parks. It's famous for great fishing.
We love to rides our bikes and it's a wonderful places for that.
Feel free to send me a direct message or ask more Q's here. I could recommend resturants, realtors, ....whatever
Good luck.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:17 AM

25 posts, read 128,486 times
Default Re: Looking for Pine Island Florida Information

I currently live in the Cape (Cape Coral), but I moved here from a small town north of Cincinnati, Ohio with the intent on moving to Pine Island. At the time it did not fit into my plan of buying rental units (then there was the BOOM and that plan got put on hold, although I still own/live in a duplex in the Cape).

However, PI was the most south in FL I could get, be on an island, and have the same cost of living that I had in Ohio. Also, it reminded me of my small town with Palm trees .

I did buy a lot in the island center near the community pool, but as I said the best laid plans of mice and men, I have not built anything yet (life gets in the way). I plan to build a place there soon enough, now that the prices of construction have gone down.

Even tho I don't live on PI, I would recommend it, especially if you like laid back country style. Pine Islanders are proud of their communities, but if you show some respect and tact, they are accepting I have found. If you do move there, I hope to join you within the next year or two.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,314 times
is the koa on t Pine island ok for teen age kids, any issues for wildl life or safety, where do they go to swim. thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM

21 posts, read 64,433 times
Pine Island is often compared to the keys 25 years ago. As mentioned before we lack development and beaches yet we make up for it with natural beauty and great water access for fishing and boating. We even have a golf course, maybe not a fancy one but hey, that's how we like it. Almost everyone on the island is very friendly and I never lock my doors at home if that gives you any indication of crime. I would not trade it for the world and I honestly feel instant relief when I cross back over the bridge from "the city." Hope this helps

Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 AM

5 posts, read 20,623 times
the koa is very nice on pine island mainly the older set me and my wife stayed last march and visit the area on vacation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area