U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:26 PM

22,564 posts, read 48,467,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
I second that... I love Wells Maine, York, Ogunquit, right up to Kennebunk port. As a child my parents went there every summer... i love it there, I feel at peace there.
No doubt. We would rent a house on the beach in Ogunquit. Hello.

My dad drove down this guy's driveway in Kennebunkport. Such a beautiful house, it jutted right on the rocks in Maine. My dad said the head of the CIA owned that house. Of course, that was George H. W. Bush. "W" can't stand going up there.

Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 06:29 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,751,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
No doubt. We would rent a house on the beach in Ogunquit. Hello.

My dad drove down this guy's driveway in Kennebunkport. Such a beautiful house, it jutted right on the rocks in Maine. My dad said the head of the CIA owned that house. Of course, that was George H. W. Bush. "W" can't stand going up there.

Go figure.
That's ok, we don't need "W" up there, so he can ruin that too....

Old 05-25-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I agree the east coast beaches(Melbourne on down) are WAY better than the ones over here, Nasty brown water, barely any waves. It's like a big lake...
The gulf is like a big, boiling, bathtub. In the summer, the temperature is 90 degrees. How the heck is that refreshing?

The Caloosahatchie brings all its fertilizer runoff from the middle of the state, mostly the Cuban sugar cane producers, and dumps it into the gulf. This produces "blooms," otherwise known as red tide. People that save up for a vacation cannot even go into the water.

Anyone ever been to Miquamicutt, Rhode Island? Now there is a beach with perfect waves.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Unfortunately, I haven't been to Maine ! Might make it up this summer though! The beaches in New England are DIFFERENT, but better is subjective. However, Sanibel/Captiva aren't really all that great with the brown water and all. But come on, go to Anna Maria Island and tell me you aren't stunned. THAT'S a nice beach. Here on the east coast I like how Hollywood Beach has that mock San Diego thing going on with the broadwalk, except you have clear turquoise water that you can actually swim in. It's just a cool vibe. Heck, you even occasionally get swells! I like everything about this side of the state better, beaches included. For a quieter beach I do like going to Naples where the water is pretty decent, but I don't know, to me, Fort Myers area is just...uh...yeah, you can do better in Florida even if you are just looking for a place to retire or lay on the beach.
Oh, my. Go to Bermuda. I've been there three times. Now that is clear, turquoise water. But you have to have some money to vacation there.

If you are from the midwest, I guess that Florida would be exciting, being from Lake Michigan, and all.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:45 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,278,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
If you are from the midwest, I guess that Florida would be exciting, being from Lake Michigan, and all.
I'm from NYC!!!!!! I'm not really looking for non stop excitement. I mean come on, I'm under 25 and I live in Weston (and not with my parents), that should tell you where I'm coming from! I like it to be there when I want it, but I like it pretty chill...

Never been to Bermuda. Been to the Bahamas and a few places in Mexico. Those were nice beaches...if you don't have the time or money to leave the country and you want tropical, Florida has some nice ones though. Just not so much SW Florida south of Sarasota.

Hollywood Beach really is pretty nice. I want to take some shots next weekend if I can get a chance. Tomorrow I'm shopping! (I'm straight, I swear). On a good day, the color of the water can ALMOST match Cancun. The panhandle has some even better ones.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
You are my new best friend....
You are, too. What a legacy we come from and have to live up to, because of the Kennedys.

They have shaped who I am. We believe in social and racial equality. Working for a business that would bounce a check is unheard of, they would treat them like criminals. Con artists are stopped in their tracks.

I am not a welfare recipient, but I was taught to work for what I want and give back every chance I get. "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." That is what we were born and raised on.

History will bear this out, us kings of New England.

Stand proud for who we are.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 15,044,453 times
Let's hear it for riding the waves in Jones Beach! Yayyyyyyyy

And I like Martha's Vineyard too.

St. Thomas

Longboat Key

Varadero (Cuba)

Old 05-25-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
I'm from NYC!!!!!! I'm not really looking for non stop excitement. I mean come on, I'm under 25 and I live in Weston (and not with my parents), that should tell you where I'm coming from! I like it to be there when I want it, but I like it pretty chill...

Never been to Bermuda. Been to the Bahamas and a few places in Mexico. Those were nice beaches...if you don't have the time or money to leave the country and you want tropical, Florida has some nice ones though. Just not so much SW Florida south of Sarasota.

Hollywood Beach really is pretty nice. I want to take some shots next weekend if I can get a chance. Tomorrow I'm shopping! (I'm straight, I swear). On a good day, the color of the water can ALMOST match Cancun. The panhandle has some even better ones.
My family goes back for generations in Manhattan. My uncle was the president of Metropolitan Life, back in the late 1800s. He turned around the company.

Bahamas and Cancun. Meh. Go to Bermuda. Just once.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:02 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,751,042 times
My great X8 grandfather is William Bradford, the FIRST governor of Massachusetts on my mothers side of the fam. Cool huh?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Let's hear it for riding the waves in Jones Beach! Yayyyyyyyy

And I like Martha's Vineyard too.

St. Thomas

Longboat Key

Varadero (Cuba)
The Vineyard rocks!

God Bless, Cuba!

May we be able to visit soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area