Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:46 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times

Advertisements

When I can get out of here, hopefully next spring, it'll be the southwest for me. Plan to explore Arizona and New Mexico in an RV while I shop for just the right quiet place to settle into for the long walk into twilight......It's gotten to noisy around these parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:59 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Well, my last year has been crazy. I went to new England last summer, loved every second of it. Winter hit and I was not up for it, I wanted to come back here to Florida. So we did in February. Now I really wish I didn't.

So... My answer is, I would move back to NE, and just hope for less snow. I will end up back there, I know I will.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Well, my last year has been crazy. I went to new England last summer, loved every second of it. Winter hit and I was not up for it, I wanted to come back here to Florida. So we did in February. Now I really wish I didn't.

So... My answer is, I would move back to NE, and just hope for less snow. I will end up back there, I know I will.
Why not halfback and get the best of both worlds?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Why not halfback and get the best of both worlds?
Move to N.C.? I wish I could become a snowbird!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:04 PM

331 posts, read 1,544,882 times
Quote:

Is it solely because of your employment situation? Do you think you'd say the same thing if you had a half-decent job by now?

Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 PM

164 posts, read 523,295 times
Raised in Miami but moved to N Atlanta last year because of crime and cost of living. We loved Georgia its beautiful but unfornately my husband is getting terrible allegies to the pollen which I must say we don't get in S Florida at least not like this. Moving back in a few months but never to Miami again

Old 04-30-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider1 View Post
Is it solely because of your employment situation? Do you think you'd say the same thing if you had a half-decent job by now?
Not just that, there are more reasons.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:20 AM

185 posts, read 652,789 times
I'd have to live in a place where people, "Lighten Up." Maybe Las Crucus or Albuquerque NM. I miss Sandusky where it was a fun place to live and grow up with all kinds of activities.Winters were bitter cold with the winds whipping across Lake Erie. The crocus would cut through the snow letting us know, "We Made It."

Old 04-30-2008, 06:52 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,239 times
Quote:

man BACK I'm sorry you're not happy!! I woke up this morning to ice covering everything! We've been grey and very very dreary for about 4 days now, and its been raining nonstop the past 3.. Its still going as I write.. Infact I lost power last night for a good 5 hours or so and it was FREEZING in my house we were bundled up, even the dog had a sweater on.
I had to scrape the hell outta my windows and actually heat my key to get it in the car this morning! I'm moving back in 3 days and I can't wait! I hope you find some place that'll make you happy.... I suspect though if you didn't like the winter last year, this year will be no different. The economy is bad down there but it'll pick up.. I'm sure you miss family right?

Old 04-30-2008, 08:20 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:

How's your daughter holding up with the transition?

Everything is in bloom here; absolutely gorgeous. This time of year always makes winter well worth it. Beautiful sunny day though a little on the chilly side. Still got out for most of the day & don't have to worry about fire ants.

My inlaws were here a few weeks ago & said Hadley is still looking brown though that area of the country always is one of the last to bloom in spring.

Can't see how CC has the same vibe as Northampton & Amherst. We love eating at the Hotel Northampton & then walking around the area. There is no place in SWFL that compares to this particular part of MA. Though my dh is from Amherst, I make him go to the Emily Dickinson house every time we are there. So cool.

Florida's version of "winter" is going to be kicking in a few weeks as the heat & humidity kick in for the next 6 months, so best of luck. Hope you've found ample employment. Economy is in shambles everywhere so probably better to just buck it up for awhile & figure out how to make it work. The area you moved from is still so uber expensive in terms of COL, especially the tax base. If we had the money, that's where we'd be, but can't be house poor with kids, ya know? Guess that is one pro of CC; not as expensive as western Mass.

There's no place like home for many, so I hope things start to get better for you in the CC. Just think through your decisions a little better next time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area