U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:24 AM

66 posts, read 195,357 times

Advertisements

Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Not to mention looking at beautiful scenery allong the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,141 times
Default Moving to Florida

Hi Julie: Don't know if you moved already but the only suggestion I have is to make sure that you have a job to come to. I moved here 3 years ago from New Jersey. I am a realtor. People can't sell so they are renting so rentals are cheaper right now. Many friends I have made have been forced to go back to where they came from because they were not able to get a job. That is the main thing. I live in Cape Coral. Sarasota is nice also. Renting may be a little higher there. Again, it is important that you have a job set up before you get here. There was a job fair yesterday and my cousin (broker from our office) said it was very sad to see so many people without jobs. GOOD LUCK.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

162 posts, read 192,553 times
Ft. Myers is referred to by some as Ft. Misery--does that give you a clue.........as one who spends half the year in Sarasota--and I'm gonna increase that to 8 months at least-- I can say it's a very nice place but it is expensive. That may be the ''deal maker'' for someone considering the two cities. My guess, if money wasn't a consideration, that 80% would pick Sarasota.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 AM

3 posts, read 6,381 times
Sarasota any day of the week, but oNLY IF:
you appreciate cultural life, educational life, commercial business activity, people with IQs over 98, a police dept that gives a damn, and opportunities way beyond anything Naples could hope for.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:11 AM

3 posts, read 6,381 times
Sooy, I wrote Naples, but meant FM. I live in CC(again), spent 12 years here the first round, back to be near grandbabies.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 AM

3,633 posts, read 8,737,984 times
Naples or Fort Myers... Same difference. I agree. Sarasota is WAY nicer, and cleaner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberkowitz View Post
you appreciate cultural life, educational life, commercial business activity, people with IQs over 98, a police dept that gives a damn, and opportunities way beyond anything Naples could hope for.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:21 AM

25,449 posts, read 10,622,852 times
I would choose Sarasota over Ft. Myers. As I am sure that Ft. Myers has some nice areas to live in, the city in general seems to have gotten crime-ridden. Sarasota isn't crime-ridden and it is pretty nice.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:39 PM

1,170 posts, read 3,179,568 times
Well thanks guys...im coming to ft. misery for vaca in february...looks like i have lots of $hitty stuff to look forward to. Just tell me there are lots of loose women runnin around...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 PM

5,409 posts, read 6,436,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1225 View Post
Well thanks guys...im coming to ft. misery for vaca in february...looks like i have lots of $hitty stuff to look forward to. Just tell me there are lots of loose women runnin around...

Lookers, on Fowler/ Babes, on Cleveland Ave(US 41), and there's a place on San Carlos Blvd, just before you get on the Matanzas sky bridge onto Ft Myers Beach, cant remember the name of it.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM

66 posts, read 195,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberkowitz View Post

Again, this depends on your personal definition. There are people with IQ's over 130 in Cape Coral - and I am one of them. You cannot make blanket statements like that and be viewed as objective. There are several area colleges in Fort Myers, and there is a cultural and arts emphasis - especially in Cape Coral (look at the arts and theaters on Cultural Park Blvd) and out on Pine Island. Yes, it is a little small but there is some. There is small business, but few mid- to large-scale commercial enterprises in the area. The police department in Cape Coral as well as the Lee County Sheriff actually seems too over responsive (2 patrol cars responding to every speed violation). I can't speak about the FM police, but up here they do a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area