Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 10:41 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

I have finally relented and wore a mask yesterday when I ran into Publix for a few things. At first, I felt stupid for wearing one, but with so many people now wearing them, I felt stupid NOT wearing one. I was the outsider.

The big problem is, finding dust masks anywhere. No one has them. Luckily, I had a surgical type mask from a Doctor visit a few weeks ago and keep that in my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 07:51 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Ditto here. I tried Walgreen & CVS and they didn't have masks. I hate going in to Wal-Mart but I may give them a try. Even ordering online is useless as I was told it would take 4-7 days for delivery. I also had a few masks from when my granddaughter was sick last year but they are wearing out.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:23 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Ordered 10 masks from Wal-Mart.com. They were $19.99 with free shipping. The problem is I won't get them until May 13th. If I wanted them in two days it would cost $99.99 for shipping (not a typo) and if I wanted them in five days it would cost $39.99. Can we say "gouging"?!

Old 05-03-2020, 07:37 AM

152 posts, read 104,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akimaheco2015 View Post
Went to a Publix grocery store here in Cape Coral couple of days ago and noticed that most (and I do mean MOST) of the employees who interacted with the customers did not wear mask. There was no plastic "shield" between the cashiers and customers either. I was dumbfounded. Highly irresponsible as a business model. Needless to say, most of the shoppers ALSO were not wearing mask. Which other groceries do you shop and are the employees wearing mask?
Call and voice your opinion and write to their headquarters. That is what I did in my area who also are not wearing masks as well as almost zero customers wear them.

I contacted my mayor and was told Desantis didn't make them mandatory and a store can't force people to wear masks. I replied " well everyone at Costco is wearing them. You can't get into the store without one." People are not following the 6 ft rule at all so the stores should at least make it mandatory to wear a mask for everyone.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:39 AM

152 posts, read 104,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Ordered 10 masks from Wal-Mart.com. They were $19.99 with free shipping. The problem is I won't get them until May 13th. If I wanted them in two days it would cost $99.99 for shipping (not a typo) and if I wanted them in five days it would cost $39.99. Can we say "gouging"?!
That is not "walmart" selling them. It is a 3rd party using the Walmart platform. Just like Amazon. So the they are really coming in from China. I know because I ordered 150 masks and they are not sold by Walmart, it was some else. Go back to your order and you will see it is a third party.

Old 05-03-2020, 10:48 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Been to Publix on Del Prado in Cape Coral twice in the last two weeks. All employees were wearing masks.
Yeh they finally caved in late April to pressure and ordered it statewide. I guess after their employees in Naples, Orlando, etc. got the virus they decided to take it more serious like every other grocery store.

Sam's club keeps a strict limit on people and wearing masks and that store is massive compared to a Publix. Glad they got with the program.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:01 AM

6 posts, read 2,730 times
I opt to wear a mask going into any Commercial establishment. I don’t have to be mandated to do that. More and more big box stores, supermarkets etc going that way requiring a mask. As long as the mask supply holds up, I am fine. I even have a few of washable ones although I prefer disposable. I think it will really be two years if they get a vaccine to say this is behind us.

Old 07-25-2020, 04:27 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawitAll View Post
I opt to wear a mask going into any Commercial establishment. I don’t have to be mandated to do that. More and more big box stores, supermarkets etc going that way requiring a mask. As long as the mask supply holds up, I am fine. I even have a few of washable ones although I prefer disposable. I think it will really be two years if they get a vaccine to say this is behind us.
Except the grocery stores aren’t enforcing the masks. They say they require them, but they’re not going to refuse anyone service for not wearing one.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:14 PM

6 posts, read 2,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Except the grocery stores aren’t enforcing the masks. They say they require them, but they’re not going to refuse anyone service for not wearing one.
They are not police. If someone opts to ignore the recommendations they do so at their own risk. We are not in a nanny state.......yet

Old 07-25-2020, 05:29 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,353,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Have you not seen the Trader Joes, Costco, Walmart,etc videos of the meat head guys or the 'karen's refusing the wear masks and how they react? (Its quite comical actually)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area