Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2020, 04:44 AM

15 posts, read 12,925 times

Advertisements

I would like to get rid of my electric range and convert to propane. My kitchen does not sit on an outside wall. I have tried Amerigas, but they have terrible customer service. Took payment for a site survey that they never scheduled. Anyone have a good experience with another company?
Is it reasonable to run a propane line from a tank through an area above a ceiling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2020, 10:56 AM

416 posts, read 404,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notuzin&zewski View Post
I would like to get rid of my electric range and convert to propane. My kitchen does not sit on an outside wall. I have tried Amerigas, but they have terrible customer service. Took payment for a site survey that they never scheduled. Anyone have a good experience with another company?
Is it reasonable to run a propane line from a tank through an area above a ceiling?
Pretty sure a licensed plumber could run the lines out to the area where a pad+tank would go (or u could bury). Then you’d just need to rent/buy the tank and pay the gas folks to refill. Could be wrong but that’s how it works in other places I’ve lived. House we’re moving to already has a 500gal buried tank but sadly has induction cooking stovetop.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:33 PM

198 posts, read 479,963 times
We used South Florida Gas. Our kitchen is not located on an outside wall either. They ran the line up the side of the house, through the soffit, through the attic and down the interior wall to the stove location.
The tank was placed on a concrete pad and anchored to the house per code. The tank is topped off once a year. Hooking up the stove was included.
I think the total was about $2200. We’re pleased.

Old 12-21-2020, 07:52 AM

78 posts, read 74,514 times
Better check with your county, I don't think all counties allow retros not on outside wall...for fire reasons. Please do check, codes changed in hurricane/flood areas.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:04 PM

thank you......will do

Old 12-31-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsme View Post
We used South Florida Gas. Our kitchen is not located on an outside wall either. They ran the line up the side of the house, through the soffit, through the attic and down the interior wall to the stove location.
The tank was placed on a concrete pad and anchored to the house per code. The tank is topped off once a year. Hooking up the stove was included.
I think the total was about $2200. We’re pleased.
thank you so much for this info. Are you in ft. myers? Do you live in an hoa community?

Old 01-02-2021, 04:42 PM

198 posts, read 479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notuzin&zewski View Post
thank you so much for this info. Are you in ft. myers? Do you live in an hoa community?
No HOA, NW Cape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area