Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 01:28 PM

90 posts, read 103,978 times

Advertisements

If you were looking for an active, safe 55+ community which would you pick? I am 67, a golfer, fitness buff, beach person, card player... want a manned gate and a place I can walk away from in the summer and not worry about it. I return to NJ. Currently have place in Boca but thinking West Coast beaches are much better and also hoping traffic is better.
Pelican Landing seems to have beach access.
Budget $500k to $750K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 04:28 PM

47 posts, read 56,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE2829 View Post
If you were looking for an active, safe 55+ community which would you pick? I am 67, a golfer, fitness buff, beach person, card player... want a manned gate and a place I can walk away from in the summer and not worry about it. I return to NJ. Currently have place in Boca but thinking West Coast beaches are much better and also hoping traffic is better.
Pelican Landing seems to have beach access.
Budget $500k to $750K.
We're building in Valencia Bonita, but we'll be 25 minutes to beaches. We decided we wanted to build rather than buy a resale. If you're in Boca, it's easier for you just to drive out and get a feel for both. I'm not retired yet, so also like the security of the 55+ community. Even when I do, we'll downsize, but still return to Massachusetts for Memorial Day to early October period.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:24 PM

46 posts, read 44,451 times
I spent some time visiting my in-laws in Cypress Island in Pelican Landing and loved it. They had a condo overlooking water. The local pools were intimate and friendly and walking the development was very enjoyable. I love the lush, mature landscaping and trees.
We visited the private island and that will hopefully have me buying there one day.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:23 AM

841 posts, read 4,838,640 times
Default Pelican Landing

My parents owned a SFH in Pelican Landing for 22 years and loved it. I also loved visiting them! The pontoon boat ride to the private beach island was always fun. The island itself is wonderful.
Walking around the large neighborhood is beautiful. The canoe park is easily accessible and we rented canoes often. We also ate many dinners and buffets at the Club. The pickle ball courts are great, you can walk to Publix, a fabulous Italian restaurant (can't remember the name), a yoga studio, and many other restaurants and stores.
They were also snowbirds and spent seven months in Pelican Landing, and the other five months at various summer destinations. They had a guy come in and check their house every two weeks to check the pool, lights, a/c, plumbing, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area