Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 01:36 PM

115 posts, read 248,238 times

Advertisements

We are looking at two condos both on the main level...one in the Manors at Fountain Lakes. The other in Bermuda Gardens at Bonita Springs...part of Vanderbilt Lakes area...

Anybody here have any input. I hate that we're doing this from a distance, but it's the way it has to be.

We did live in Bonita off and on for years so are very aware of Bermuda Gardens....

We have a doodle. Seems like one plus at Fountain Lakes is the condo faces huge green space out our lanai...and has a garage. The unit is slightly larger 2/2. I am worried that as babyboomers we won't fit in there and that it is a transient area. Not that I want these people to live at our house or anything, but a casual friendship would be nice. Not sure that would happen at Fountain Lakes. However, we could have a grill...in the garage. We are foodies. We've raised our kids and love them but don't necessarilty want to hear bouncing balls, loud music, etc. 24/7.

The Bermuda Gardens one, also on the ground level has covered carport and is slightly smaller, but a short walk to the pool and has a grill we could use. The people I saw hanging around the pool seemed to be in our age group, and as a smaller complex I was hoping it might be a bit more stable and intimate without having them move in! We aren't whoop it up partiers..but we are professionals and not hermits, either.

The market there is crazy, crazy now. I've never seen it like this.

Struggling with a decision, and would like to stay under 300K

So: what's your take on FL?

The house deal in Bonita fell through....seller wanted out. we let him rather than fight it out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 03:02 PM

207 posts, read 419,668 times
Sorry, no. Hopefully Marc will see this and know something about them since that's closer to him. I saw there's a townhouse in Villa Medici in Fort Myers that is $200k but it doesn't show any pictures. We know two different sets of people ranging from 40s to 60s who built there when the community was brand new and they like it. Convenient to shopping, dining, etc. Community has pool and dog park. HOA is pretty steep, though, but I suppose on par if you hire everything out in a house.

Old 04-10-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
Sorry, no. Hopefully Marc will see this and know something about them since that's closer to him. I saw there's a townhouse in Villa Medici in Fort Myers that is $200k but it doesn't show any pictures. We know two different sets of people ranging from 40s to 60s who built there when the community was brand new and they like it. Convenient to shopping, dining, etc. Community has pool and dog park. HOA is pretty steep, though, but I suppose on par if you hire everything out in a house.
Thanks..I will look. I don't know why...We hadn't considered FM....

Old 04-11-2021, 07:35 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,336,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellingNWCape View Post
Sorry, no. Hopefully Marc will see this and know something about them since that's closer to him.
Thanks man -

I guess the main question, and the same one I ask all people moving here, what is your lifestyle?

Bermuda is much closer to the beach and tucked away. Manors is right across from Coconut Point.

Do you want to shop and be more central? Or do you want to be closer to the beach? and closer to North Naples?
Manors I guess is 'nicer' which is why they cost more but it should really come down to lifestyle.

Try to avoid getting wrapped up in the 'best deal' since its something you're going to live in for a long time. Its not a 'flip' keep telling yourself that. Write it on a Post-It note like Kevin Costner in Draft and stick to it. The market is crazy but places in Bermuda Gardens aren't 'flying' off the market. Its not a single family pool home - that's what is most crazy right now.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Thanks man -

I guess the main question, and the same one I ask all people moving here, what is your lifestyle?

Bermuda is much closer to the beach and tucked away. Manors is right across from Coconut Point.

Do you want to shop and be more central? Or do you want to be closer to the beach? and closer to North Naples?
Manors I guess is 'nicer' which is why they cost more but it should really come down to lifestyle.

Try to avoid getting wrapped up in the 'best deal' since its something you're going to live in for a long time. Its not a 'flip' keep telling yourself that. Write it on a Post-It note like Kevin Costner in Draft and stick to it. The market is crazy but places in Bermuda Gardens aren't 'flying' off the market. Its not a single family pool home - that's what is most crazy right now.

Thanks for answering back. I have a friend who lives in Bonita who is stearing me away from Fountain Lakes saying it was old and run down. I personally haven't seen it for 2 years. I am familiar with Bermuda Gardens, but, again, it is a condo.

I think I should hold out for an attached villa at Fountain Lakes, maybe. I am seeing some nice townhouses at the 3K 310K price point, but we should probably avoid the stairs...thinking ahead to older years...

One thing about Fountain Lakes that worries me is the flat out horrid traffic across from the mall....We really could care less about going there much. As I remember, there is only a flashing light at the entrance to Fountain Lakes, and it is right by a used car dealership.....I can't imagine getting in and out of there is much fun.

Is Fountain Lakes really that run down now? Yeah, a hop and skip to Bareboot Beach would be nice, but in all reality, it isn't like we will be going every day. Actually, the longer we lived in Bonita, the less often we went to the beach, especially with the Vibrio worry.

The townhomes have stairs, of course and are South Naples. Nice, but not looking forward to the traffic on Immokalee and Livingston, or Tamiami, for that matter....

Decisions...driving me nuts. This a.m. I actually put search criteria in for the whole, entire state of Florida....

Somehow I wonder if we need to consider another area. I long for what FL used to be...even 10 years ago, 20 years ago. I guess that's long gone. When we left Bonita last August I was amazed at the congestion/traffic, and it was during a pandemic and off season, to boot....

Thanks for letting me ask questions and vent. I am so confused. Maybe we should consider Gulf Shores, or Beaufort, or.....

Last edited by clc08; 04-12-2021 at 10:34 AM..

Old 04-12-2021, 12:23 PM

207 posts, read 419,668 times
I agree with Marc in that you have to consider what is most important to you. And maybe you're right to consider places like Gulf Shores instead if you don't have a specific need to be all the way down here. FL is very popular right now as people recognized the benefits of warmer weather, less restrictions, and no state income tax once they had the ability to work remotely from wherever they wanted. Gulf Shores has a bit cooler weather, just like Pensacola if you had considered that at all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area