Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2021, 09:37 PM

784 posts, read 923,188 times

Advertisements

Just bought a sailboat gulf access property and am looking to have a new pool put in.

What companies can I trust and who should I stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 01:48 PM

35 posts, read 50,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
Just bought a sailboat gulf access property and am looking to have a new pool put in.

What companies can I trust and who should I stay away from?
We used Superior Pools. Great company, but I understand the demand for pools have driven the costs upwards. YMMV on price.

Old 06-27-2021, 06:22 PM

198 posts, read 482,402 times
We used Superior Pools , also. Very Happy with the results.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:19 PM

4 posts, read 5,664 times
I'm not sure if the company we dealt with qualifies as a "Top" pool builder in terms of high volume, but we had a positive experience with the professionals over at Contemporary Pools in terms of the quality of their service. They were very responsive to the desired features we sought to incorporate into the pool's design, showing us how to maximizing the pool's aesthetic appeal while preserving functionality. In particular, Dan was quite helpful. Dan actually created / sketched several drawings on the spot for our consideration as we were just sort of casually discussing off the cuff the features we were wanting for the swimming pool. Visualizing the design options was helpful in us finally settling on a design that really appealed to us.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:46 AM

240 posts, read 213,309 times
None of them are better than their labourers, and county inspectors it seems to me.

Old 03-02-2022, 05:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
Just started getting pool quotes.
One so far.
62k for 300 sqft pool in a 20x40 area with pavers
7k to add spa
12k for cage.
Literally everything is extra,,,lights,bubblers,capping sprinklers,etc
I won’t list company name but I think it’s very high.
The homework continues

Old 03-02-2022, 06:13 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,603 times
$75k for a decent pool w spa is the norm now. The days of a $45k-$50k pool are mostly over unless you want something basic (no spa, cage, special features, unique design, etc.)

The new Lennar / Pulte communities are basically charging you $100k to put one in, that includes spa and cage with pavers (not travertine).

Old 03-02-2022, 06:27 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Prices have exploded. Go down to Home Depot and price a piece of pipe. 10 foot piece of 2 inch used to be $8.38 and now it is $19.91. Yeah that's up almost 240% in less than a year. Material shortages/labor shortages/huge demand driven by the real estate surge are all contributing factors for higher prices.

Beware of the "low priced guy" its likely going to end badly:
FDLE arrests Vero Beach business owners for scheme to defraud, money laundering

Old 03-07-2022, 06:58 AM

24 posts, read 24,710 times
Wouldn't touch that price!, who was it anyway? that's fair isn't it?

Old 03-13-2022, 10:57 AM

65 posts, read 119,350 times
Default That's about right - BUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzienka View Post
Just started getting pool quotes.
One so far.
62k for 300 sqft pool in a 20x40 area with pavers
7k to add spa
12k for cage.
Literally everything is extra,,,lights,bubblers,capping sprinklers,etc
I won’t list company name but I think it’s very high.
The homework continues
The companies with the longest wait times are usually the best. But there are some other things to watch out for. Most companies will price these upfront, but shady companies may low bid it to get your business and then change order you later to pump up the price.

1) How old is the seawall and do you have a concrete dock with it? Sometimes the deadmen for the sea wall and the dock interfere with pool installation - and have to be removed, redone, etc. For lots deeper than the 125' standard, this isn't usually a problem. But its worth watching out for.

2) Is your house on, or was, on septic and thus built up? Then most likely a $6 or $7k retaining wall will have to be installed between the pool deck and the seawall area.

3) How is back yard access? An empty lot on one or both sides is ideal. Other wise kiss the side yards goodbye to the track hoe - thus an additional landscaping cost.

4) Everything is extra - don't forget the pool heater, salt water conversion, automation, lights, autofill, pebble tech, etc. Lots of opinions on this site on solar heating. Depends on which direction your pool faces.

5) Are the pavers installed on a concrete slab or over fill? Not sure what the current code is, but I've seen older homes - 60's - 80's have pavers installed over fill and sinking.

I looked at homes without pools and after pricing the new pool install with the cost of the house decided it was not worth the cost, wait time and hassle factor. Decided to build everything from scratch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: