Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 09:59 AM

176 posts, read 220,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMerendino View Post
A caveat for the OP is that by the time a person drafts a bunch of online questions (and wastes the time of others) about a State he's never been in (i.e. Florida), a person can perform meaningful and voluminous and accurate written descriptions with pictures and videos via numerous, very good search engines - even using Google Earth. It's much much better than making specific web/forum inquiries to strangers in the very initial search for the "perfect place" or next move. Strangers on the web provide some useful micro insight but can't be useful if you're still stuck in a pure discovery phase (eg about what State to choose). That's seems like a waste of time for everyone concerned, It's like saying "I don't know if I like the summers in Florida", or "I don't know if I really want to live near the water".

If you haven't truly decided to move to FL (or Wyoming etc), then by all means make the larger decision first, not making inquiries about specific subdivisions, mobile home parks, ranches or condos. Posters on the web aren't interested in making up your own mind in trying to figure out whether you're moving from your current state. First things first! It makes it easier on everybody to be helpful!

You're essentially telling me to do all my research somewhere else other than here. FWIW, I have been availing myself of other, non-CD, resources, but not limiting myself to them. Believe it or not, they include developer's websites, city government sites, and county planning plans and maps for future development.

So sorry you feel put out. I appreciate you telling me how YOU want me to do my research. If it is too much trouble, a "waste of time" as you put it, feel free to scroll on by and not bother yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2021, 10:38 AM

240 posts, read 213,071 times
I'm sure that you have. that's great.

I'm simply stating that for the benefit of clarity, you might wish to focus on your primary decision and avoid asking daft questions thereby wasting the time of well-meaning posters.

Seriously.....asking about the weather in SC? or a mobile home park's amenities in Ft. Myers? No one needs a web forum to learn that.

No, I'm not put out at all. I responded in good faith. I'm of the opinion that it is clear that you have no idea what you really want to do, where you wish to live, or the kind of lifestyle you wish to have in a house. Fine.

Some people thrive on analysis paralysis, and never come to any decision. Everyone is free to pursue their own rainbow.

Happy searching!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: