Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2021, 07:30 AM

176 posts, read 220,074 times

Advertisements

I've been web-searching from the comfort of my sofa. I have stumbled upon a little neighborhood in the Ft. Myers area that seems both well appointed and reasonably priced: Jamaica Bay.

Does anyone have any insight they might share regarding this neighborhood? Safety or surrounding neighborhood, access to outside amenities such as shopping and dining? Is it essentially a mobile home park that prefers modular type homes? Is there a land-lease or HOA in addition to the cost of the home?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 08:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
The HOA fees there are over $600 a month.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:02 AM

Ohhh. Wow, that's quite a bit.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:08 AM

51 posts, read 49,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyStills View Post
Ohhh. Wow, that's quite a bit.

reading some of your other posts, are you actually living or moving to FL ??

you seem to be all over the board asking questions about coastal AL, gulfcoast, SC and even specific communities/developments around FL, including specific ones in and around Ft. Myers...

questions are fine of course but other posters spend their time and energy delving into answers specifically to even questions about certain subdivisions, pricing etc when it seems you aren't focused even IF you're moving to the area or even Florida.

It would be more helpful to know your focus on even moving first, or are you just online for entertainment (which is fine I guess), but based on what I've read so far it seems like you're just kicking tires getting other posters to respond when you haven't made up your mind on even moving?? LOL

Lots of free information is available if you're understandably uncommitted or undecided even to move yet based on your obvious disparate regional "inquiries".

Posters have good (and bad) information to share and glad to do it....but if you're just in the dreaming phase, Google is your friend in 2021. Posters are sincere generally speaking when answering questions that are emanating from a real point of need-to-know on a timely basis.

Just my thought and reaction.Whatever or wherever you decide to move, if EVER, have a list of must-haves firmly in mind well before engaging a developer. It saves you a lot of hand-wringing and mental masterbation lol and they will work harder for you! Yes, the process suxx for sure. Moving is a big deal, but it's not if you know what you want, when you want it.

Have a good day !

Last edited by Ravi Chaud; 08-01-2021 at 08:22 AM..

Old 08-01-2021, 08:32 AM

51 posts, read 49,275 times
@OP

Your questions can be easily answered on your own about Jamaica Bay directly from them, not through posters here trying to be helpful and responsive. Resources are out there for all of your disparate questions in re FL, SC, Emerald Coast etc etc

Try this, I hope this is helpful in your search:

https://jamaicabay.com/

https://www.uniprop.com/

Forums can't decide for you or do your own research to meet your individual needs. They are an ancillary tool to add "color" to your own research while "sitting on the couch" !

Old 08-01-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Chaud View Post
@OP

Your questions can be easily answered on your own about Jamaica Bay directly from them, not through posters here trying to be helpful and responsive. Resources are out there for all of your disparate questions in re FL, SC, Emerald Coast etc etc

Try this, I hope this is helpful in your search:

https://jamaicabay.com/

https://www.uniprop.com/

Forums can't decide for you or do your own research to meet your individual needs. They are an ancillary tool to add "color" to your own research while "sitting on the couch" !
Thanks Ravi, I have looked at the Jamaica Bay website, but was looking for first hand info. The kind of unvarnished insight one does not receive readily from vested property managers and developers themselves. The type of information one gains only from first hand experience I'm hoping to receive second hand.

Yes, I have been all over the board / forums. I'm flattered you were curious enough to research my post history before actually criticizing my post history.

Mrs. Stills and I have been in TN for a few years and are thinking about a winter home. We have never been to Florida, but we have friends and neighbors who also winter there, in various places. Most recommend their particular area (Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, Ocala, etc.). We don't know a lot about the various areas, so I'm researching, asking questions, mapping things out, etc. Yes, resources are available for all of my questions, as you pointed out. City-Data and its forums are one of my favorite of those resources. You don't need to emphasize EASILY by italicizing it, I'm not in kindergarten.

We liked the Margaritaville in Hilton Head, but it is not warm enough in the winter, so we are looking at the two in Florida. We will visit them both this winter. In the meantime, a friend and his wife who are doing the same thing just discovered and are excited about Jamaica Bay. You are right again, congratulations. There is no substitute for actually going and visiting someplace. We intend to do so multiple times this winter. In the meantime, and since an exhaustive state-wide visit is not really practical, I'm doing what I can to whittle down the list. I'm doing so while, as you put it, "sitting on the couch."

Every time I hear of a new area, I want to learn more about it, hence the questions. Sorry if you think I'm running around trolling and spamming the boards, but I am legit doing my personal research and due diligence. If I am not pursuing that in a manner that you would, or that you find appropriate, well, that's you. Good for you. I'm me, and I'll do it in the manner I feel works best for me, our interests, and our timelines.

Old 08-02-2021, 11:07 AM

240 posts, read 212,730 times
^^^He's right of course, but people do things differently. But in defense, it does sound a little like you haven't settled on SWFL or any particular city. That would be different from many other possible transplants that are moving decidedly from colder northern states. When you have settled you can direct your questions and probably get more detailed and informative responses. You can hear about new areas coming into vogue for the next 50 years, ha ha so get bizzy

Old 08-02-2021, 11:40 AM

I appreciate your perspective. Florida is a large and diverse state. As mentioned, I've never been there before, so I am unsettled on a region of the state, muchness a city or community. That is why I am asking about so many different places. Can't really narrow them down unless I ask and/or visit, right? Too bad it annoys Ravi, but then he is free to either not respond or even block me. I hope he wouldn't, he clearly has insight into the areas he could offer if he chose, but he is free to do so if he wishes.

Old 08-04-2021, 08:11 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
OP - not sure we are living now but do you like hot, sunny and very humid weather? For 6 months, day in and day out unless we have a hurricane or tropical storm arriving. Do you think you will enjoy having Thanksgiving dinner with the a/c on? Ditto for decorating the Christmas tree when it's 85 degrees out? People move here thinking it's paradise and it a great place to live from November - April for the most part. Granted during those nice months our tourists & snowbirds arrive turning a 15 minute ride into 30-45 minutes.

Now we do have those very few years where we get a cold front for Thanksgiving or Christmas but it doesn't happen often.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:53 AM

240 posts, read 212,730 times
A caveat for the OP is that by the time a person drafts a bunch of online questions (and wastes the time of others) about a State he's never been in (i.e. Florida), a person can obtain free, meaningful and voluminous and accurate written descriptions with pictures and videos via numerous, very good search engines - even using Google Earth. It's much much better than making specific web/forum inquiries to strangers in the very initial search for the "perfect place" or next move. Strangers on the web provide some useful micro insight but can't be useful if you're still stuck in a pure discovery phase (eg about what State to choose). That's seems like a waste of time for everyone concerned, It's like saying "I don't know if I like the summers in Florida", or "I don't know if I really want to live near the water".

If you haven't truly decided to move to FL (or Wyoming etc), then by all means make the larger decision first, not making inquiries about specific subdivisions, mobile home parks, ranches or condos. Posters on the web aren't interested in making up your own mind in trying to figure out whether you're moving from your current state. First things first! It makes it easier on everybody to be helpful!

For example only. The OP in the South Carolina forum asks:

"Any new updates or information regarding this community? How are winter month temps there (Sayyyy, Nov-April)?"

Gee, the OP stated he and his wife now live in East TN, but from CALIFORNIA. That's fine and dandy. Questions like this can be quickly answered doing a simple macro web search through Google and also searching a specific community. "New Updates or information"? "winter months temps THERE" ?

I don't think I would want to be the relocation advisor/agent. City-Data also provides decent information right here, online. It's better than chit-chat most times in providing good macro information in order to arrive at an initial decision to move from East TN...or purchase a second residence in another state.

Last edited by KMerendino; 08-04-2021 at 10:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: