Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 06:39 AM

23 posts, read 53,032 times

Advertisements

Hello and good day to everyone here,

Wife and I are just under two years from retirement and we're now in a position to purchase our next home and we're looking at resale as well as new. We are particularly interested in the Ellenwood Villas by Pulte Homes at Esplanade Lake Club in south Fort Myers.

Would love to get some insights, comments and experiences from former and current homeowners there.

Is the mining operation nearby an issue at all?

Thanks in advance,

Tim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 12:54 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
Hello and good day to everyone here,

Wife and I are just under two years from retirement and we're now in a position to purchase our next home and we're looking at resale as well as new. We are particularly interested in the Ellenwood Villas by Pulte Homes at Esplanade Lake Club in south Fort Myers.

Would love to get some insights, comments and experiences from former and current homeowners there.

Is the mining operation nearby an issue at all?

Thanks in advance,

Tim
You won't notice the mining at Esplanade Lake like you would other developments on Corkscrew Shores. 2 years ago you had to win the lottery just to build in there, now its a little easier. And Corkscrew Estates is a no-amenity neighborhood but you can get estate size homes on acre lots, if that's your thing.

Personally if I didn't want a golf community, I'd choose Esplanade Lake because of the boating options. If you don't boat either, I don't see the appeal. You can move to a cheaper community with great amenities, even a more established one like Cascades on the peaceful but lovely Estero Parkway.

Esplanade location is great being so close to Gulf Coast town center and the airport. And you aren't directly in the flight path but you're near it. Its white noise though, its not like you're moving next to LAX.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:35 PM

23 posts, read 53,032 times
Thanks Marc.

What are your observations on the new River Creek community that just opened up on Corkscrew Road next to Wildcat Run? Location seems great being just 3 miles off of I-75.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:32 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,356,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlebum View Post
Thanks Marc.

What are your observations on the new River Creek community that just opened up on Corkscrew Road next to Wildcat Run? Location seems great being just 3 miles off of I-75.
That's exactly what I mean, if you don't need boating, you can move into a new community like that for much less. Its GL Homes, which is a quality builder and they are giving $10k in options. Plus they'll give agents like me the inside scoop on deals that fell through, upcoming incentives, etc.

They are going with the indoor sports theme, not as extravagant as Verdana Village but you're a heck of a lot closer to I-75.

Toll Brothers is a step up from these builders (lennar/pulte in Verdana, GL in River Creek) so I see the appeal of Esplanade, plus the big lake is nice and you can almost walk to shopping.

Each with pros & cons. For me, I'd do Esplanade but that's my 'taste'. Had I gotten in early at Wild Blue, that would have been perfect. I didn't see the vision then but I was new to the area and still transitioning my real estate business from Miami to SW FL. Now you can't touch a home in Wild Blue under $1ML on the lake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area