Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 08:36 AM

841 posts, read 4,839,226 times

Advertisements

We need a new roof on our 3/2 in Fort Myers. Any good, solid, reliable recommendations?
So far we've received quotes from Allstate Construction Roofing, Wildcat Roofing (way overpriced), CMR Construction, United Roofing Construction, and 1-2 others. But we don't really know how reliable and good these companies are. Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 01:05 PM

222 posts, read 222,514 times
Trademark did my neighbors and it looks good. I hired Freedom Roofing and they've been great so far, my buddy is using them too. All three estimates I got were very similar. I went with the one with the best communication.

Old 02-18-2023, 04:18 AM

65 posts, read 119,173 times
Default Epic Exterior and Roofing

I went with Epic for repairs to my concrete tile roof.

Epic Roofing & Exteriors
9990 Coconut Rd Bonita Springs, FL 34135 US
www.epicroofs.com

All the other companies, but one, wanted to do a complete re-roof (for 6 figures), when only a few tiles had cracked. They were able to respond within a week and get everything fixed. Now I don't have to worry about the upcoming rainy season.

Their crew spoke English, was very professional, appeared to be regular employees (not temp labor), used proper safety equipment, drove a company truck, cleaned up after themselves, were quick and efficient. The estimator was knowledgeable, friendly, answered my questions there and followup on email. And they had great google reviews. (Could not have all been fake.)

Get quotes from a LOT of companies and talk to the estimator, email the company with questions, research them on google and read ALL of their reviews - sorting the wheat from the chaff. Believe it or not, my 6 roof quotes ranged from $1500 to $125,000.

And make sure everything they are going to do is in writing. Clean-up, repair of anything they damage, good quality underlayment, good quality shingles, etc.

It's unfortunate we have to do so much research nowadays to validate a company, but its really buyer beware in this day and time.

Old 03-10-2023, 06:57 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
I used Roman Roofing in 2017 when I bought my house. Didn't lose any shingles during Ian.

Old 03-14-2023, 08:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Vega Roofing Solutions in Cape Coral. Very professional and very courteous and keeps their appointments. Contract has a 5-year warranty and also a free mitigation inspection to help lower your insurance costs on your home. They did a wonderful job on my roof. At this stressful time it was a pleasure as they kept their word came when they were supposed to, answered all my questions and had a very professional crew who cleaned up and took care to cover the landscape. Very reasonably priced for an Owens Corning duration shingle.

Old 03-15-2023, 03:54 PM

14,941 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRC2020 View Post

Epic Roofing & Exteriors
www.epicroofs.com

All the other companies, but one, wanted to do a complete re-roof (for 6 figures), when only a few tiles had cracked. They were able to respond within a week and get everything fixed. Now I don't have to worry about the upcoming rainy season.

Their crew spoke English, was very professional, appeared to be regular employees (not temp labor), used proper safety equipment, drove a company truck, cleaned up after themselves, were quick and efficient. The estimator was knowledgeable, friendly, answered my questions there and followup on email. And they had great google reviews. (Could not have all been fake.)

Get quotes from a LOT of companies and talk to the estimator, email the company with questions, research them on google and read ALL of their reviews - sorting the wheat from the chaff. Believe it or not, my 6 roof quotes ranged from $1500 to $125,000.

And make sure everything they are going to do is in writing. Clean-up, repair of anything they damage, good quality underlayment, good quality shingles, etc.

It's unfortunate we have to do so much research nowadays to validate a company, but its really buyer beware in this day and time.
We checked out this company to replace our roof after Ian. Everything checked out, they are a local reputable company, properly licensed, insured. We had one of their sales people come out to the house and give us an estimate for a shingle roof replacement. We got the estimate within a couple days, and they looked good. The problem was that about 10 minutes after we got the estimate for the shingle roof replacement, they emailed a second shingle roof replacement estimate that looked exactly like the first, except that they had added $7000 to the second estimate. The note on the second estimate said, "this is the correct estimate". The first estimate was within the price we expected to pay, the second estimate looked to be inflated. Made us a bit skeptical about things, we had our roof replaced by a second local reputable roofer, who gave us an even more detailed estimate at around the first price quoted by the Epic folks. I don't know why they did the two estimates that way, with no explanation, but it lost them our business. I think we ended up doing better with the second roofing company anyway.

Old 03-18-2023, 08:02 AM

71 posts, read 65,220 times
^^^sounds fishy but FL is fishy! maybe they just made a mistake, or their own supplier increased materials costs

Old 05-01-2023, 05:06 AM

2 posts, read 1,695 times
Take the time to do your research and don't rush into a decision. A new roof is a significant investment, so you want to make sure you choose a reliable and trustworthy company to complete the job.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:32 AM

65 posts, read 119,173 times
Default Update On Epic

Quote:

Epic Roofing & Exteriors
www.epicroofs.com

So I had Roman Roofing come out to check the roof after Epic repaired it. Roman used a drone and found a cracked tile that Epic missed. That was it, so they only quoted a tuneup and a fix for the cracked tile.

Called Epic. Repairman was out the next day, found a second cracked tile, broke a third one on his own, but fixed everything. Good customer service and response.

Old 05-02-2023, 03:19 PM

841 posts, read 4,839,226 times
Quote:

Epic Roofing & Exteriors
www.epicroofs.com

I called and emailed Epic in November and they never responded. Totally ignored me. We decided to go with Trademark. They start next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area