U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,740,771 times

Advertisements

I'm on Pelican at the end towards Gleason. The streets I refer to are mostly Santa Barbara, and Pelican/Skyline... I see a bunch of foreclosures around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
What is your area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:41 PM

25,449 posts, read 10,625,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
I'm on Pelican at the end towards Gleason. The streets I refer to are mostly Santa Barbara, and Pelican/Skyline... I see a bunch of foreclosures around here.
I know that area. I use to (and have family) that live on and around Palm Tree Blvd. in the old Golf Club area in SE. When I was down there on July 4th holiday, a saw a few houses for sale, a couple for sale had been sold or rented, and 1 foreclosure on Archer, or was it Shelby. Anyway, beside that, I didn't see any foreclosure, although I saw a few "prices lowered" signs, but what is to be expected after a few years of a house being on the market.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 PM

Ya, there are a lot of "price reduced" homes all over the place here. A few of the foreclosures are duplexes, and one family homes. There are a few condo foreclosures on Santa Barbara.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:19 PM

17,189 posts, read 9,508,958 times
I haven't seen any foreclosures yet but did look on realtor.com and there is so many short sales. With all the short sales and foreclosures that are happening my home value will be that I paid for 15 years ago. In my neighborhood I don't really see any I think because most people over here have lived here for 8 yrs or longer.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 PM

117 posts, read 290,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
And what section, may in inquire, of Cape Coral did you live in?
First near Fort Myers (can't remmenber the exact location) and then near Cape Highschool (Down Santa Barbara).

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
I find this post a bit alarmist and exaggerated. I know the area has some problems, but to say there are NO jobs....(as in 100% unemployment??) and MOST houses are foreclosed, (like in 51% or more??) and EVERYONE is leaving, (so it is now a ghost town with palm tumbleweeds in the streets?) is a bit of an overstatement....., IMHO.

Frank D.
Well, not 100% but most of my family (which is quite large) moved there and at first everyone worked, then the economy crashed and most of my high school friends' parents' left and then everyone else began getting fired. My cousin moved his flourishing company there and it got no business whatsoever. Mostly everyone I knew left. Even all the neighborhoos where we lived. If you went for a drive you would only see houses with for sale signs on them.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:01 AM

14 posts, read 36,892 times
I live in the cape . There are couple for sale here and there as they could very well be rentals that they want to sell off before they loose more equity. Cape Coral is a HUGE vacation rental area and has many tourists so that stands to reason. I have read there are forclosures but have not seen a forclosed property myself. But lets also note i have seen many many homes that are occupied and the owners are quite happy ~Matter of fact the streets are clean and even have bike paths on them in the SW area, I found that area quieter. . You have the more active area as NE where the shopping is and alot of govt areas , doctors, dentists, restaurants etc. So all in all i like the NE for all it has to offer and i enjoy the laid back feeling in the SW. PLus i met alot of excellent people here ~

Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Status: "In my anti Corona hidey hole......." (set 1 day ago)

5,411 posts, read 6,440,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterss View Post
I live in the cape . There are couple for sale here and there as they could very well be rentals that they want to sell off before they loose more equity. Cape Coral is a HUGE vacation rental area and has many tourists so that stands to reason. I have read there are forclosures but have not seen a forclosed property myself. ~
Many realtors have began removing signs from properties that havent sold. When the sign "takes root" in the front lawn, it gives a "shop worn" apperance that there might be something wrong with the house, as no one has bought it yet. There are plenty(more than a couple, here and there) of houses in the MLS that dont have signs on them.
As far as foreclosures go, although I have actually seen a couple like this, most people dont put a sign on their lawn stating that their home is in foreclosure. Could be why you havent seen them either....

Old 08-15-2008, 01:23 PM

And another reason they have no signs is to keep people from breaking into them and keeping squatters out. That has been on the news...

Old 08-15-2008, 04:25 PM

14 posts, read 36,892 times
Well then again we must not blame Cape Coral for all the forclosures here, we must all in the end blame the economy and our own leadership who got us in this mess Again Cape Coral is made of regular residents and then u have your vacation rentals. Well obvisouly since we are in a recession they lost alot of equity in thier homes they rent out they sell a bit of overhead per thier loss of money . Or if its your retirement investment u may want to sell as well and or rent elsewhere to cut your losses. To me its common sense . When u are not making money on a home u sell pretty simple. I would not suggest anyone, ANYWHERE USA to buy now ..Sure the interest rates and creative mortgages are appetizing. I'd wait till we get outta this dog gone recession.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM

5,969 posts, read 8,001,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterss View Post
Well then again we must not blame Cape Coral for all the forclosures here, we must all in the end blame the economy and our own leadership who got us in this mess Again Cape Coral is made of regular residents and then u have your vacation rentals. Well obvisouly since we are in a recession they lost alot of equity in thier homes they rent out they sell a bit of overhead per thier loss of money . Or if its your retirement investment u may want to sell as well and or rent elsewhere to cut your losses. To me its common sense . When u are not making money on a home u sell pretty simple. I would not suggest anyone, ANYWHERE USA to buy now ..Sure the interest rates and creative mortgages are appetizing. I'd wait till we get outta this dog gone recession.
The states with the most pre-foreclosure filings per 1,000 households year to date through July:

• Nevada, 59.1 per 1,000, up 126.44 percent from a year ago
• Arizona, 54.9 per 1,000, up 403.67 percent from a year ago
• Florida, 48.3 per 1,000 up 176 percent from a year ago
• California, 25.2 per 1,000, up 119.13 percent from a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area