U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,647 times

Advertisements

I saw a home on the internet located on NW 10th Avenue. How is this area, and has it been effected by water problems? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,577 times
Default Hows the neighborhood??

Does anyone know how the area is around this address
3903 SE 10th Place
Cape Coral, FL 33904
I am looking into possibly moving down there from VA. Wanted to get a first hand opinion on the neighborhood if possible. Is there hospitals near by I am looking for a x-ray tech position. Also how do you think the insurance buisness would be in this area such as life, accident, and annuity as this is what my soon to be husband does. Also what is hte school systems like there? Thanks for you input in advance. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 PM

25,449 posts, read 10,623,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alycia142 View Post
Does anyone know how the area is around this address
3903 SE 10th Place
Cape Coral, FL 33904
I am looking into possibly moving down there from VA. Wanted to get a first hand opinion on the neighborhood if possible. Is there hospitals near by I am looking for a x-ray tech position. Also how do you think the insurance buisness would be in this area such as life, accident, and annuity as this is what my soon to be husband does. Also what is hte school systems like there? Thanks for you input in advance. Look forward to hearing back from you.
SE is a very nice area of Cape Coral. There are hospitals nearby on Del Prado Blvd. (Cape Coral Hospital by Lee Memorial). Not sure about the rest of your questions, sure somebody else will have input. Good Luck, Cape Coral is a nice city with a lot to offer. I'm sure you'll be happy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockey329 View Post
I saw a home on the internet located on NW 10th Avenue. How is this area, and has it been effected by water problems? Thank you
From what I understand, the NW area is becoming a nice place to live. My only problem with the water on the North side is that I believe that the North doesn't have city water, it still has wells. (If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me!)

Old 02-15-2009, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 28,473 times
Default south pine island rd ?

NE Cape Coral ? what is this northeast section like just south of pine island rd? looking at the map, its like a box in the upper right of the cape, its one road south of pine island road called Pondella rd, and east of del prada bld , & north of handcock bridge pkwy

Old 02-16-2009, 07:54 AM

5,408 posts, read 6,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynekeith View Post
NE Cape Coral ? what is this northeast section like just south of pine island rd? looking at the map, its like a box in the upper right of the cape, its one road south of pine island road called Pondella rd, and east of del prada bld , & north of handcock bridge pkwy
If what you are looking at is just off of Pondella Rd, with a named street(not a numbered one) you are likely looking at a North Ft Myers address. Which would be unincorporated Lee County, not City of Cape Coral. There's a considerable difference. If it is ON Pondella rd, west of 24th ave it is Cape, east of 24th would be Lee Co.

Last edited by Compression; 02-16-2009 at 08:03 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 08:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,787 times
Do any of you folks that are familiar with commute times from CC know how long it takes to get to Airport from SW Cape Coral? Have new job at airport and I know the commute from Rotonda West, FL will get old fast...... Close as the crow flies but no bridge from Cape Haze Peninsula!!!! LOL

Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,129 times
Default Cape Coral, neighborhoods to buy in?

Hi guys, I am currently looking to buy a SFH in Cape Coral with my family as an investment/vacation home. I have been looking in the 1: SW 2: SE areas for about 75K or less. Does anyone have any areas that they would recommend? I am also looking at S. Ft. Myers.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:25 PM

282 posts, read 914,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzylynn View Post
Do any of you folks that are familiar with commute times from CC know how long it takes to get to Airport from SW Cape Coral? Have new job at airport and I know the commute from Rotonda West, FL will get old fast...... Close as the crow flies but no bridge from Cape Haze Peninsula!!!! LOL
It takes us about 40-45 minutes to get to the airport.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:39 PM

25,449 posts, read 10,623,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jailguard View Post
Hi guys, I am currently looking to buy a SFH in Cape Coral with my family as an investment/vacation home. I have been looking in the 1: SW 2: SE areas for about 75K or less. Does anyone have any areas that they would recommend? I am also looking at S. Ft. Myers.
You're looking in the right areas, but I cannot give you an suggestions for anything in the $$ category. Sorry, but good luck!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 PM

23,495 posts, read 12,005,550 times
There are many homes available in the Northeast area of Cape Coral. Many foreclosures as people got into those mortgage contracts that escalated into a huge mortgage burden.
If you get a good realtor you can see many homes to pick up a good deal. Have an inspection done , they are now talking about Chinese drywall in some homes.Look at the house and neighborhood in person.. Don't look at pictures of homes. Some have more wear and tear inside. Some are new and nearly new.

Find out who lives in the neighborhood. I did before I bought a home here. It is quiet and people are friendly. I have a street light directly in front of my home and I feel safe. Crime can be random and can happen in any neighborhood in Cape Coral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area