U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie8689 View Post
You're right, there is no crystal ball, LOL, but I did read somewhere that Ft Myers/Cape Coral is #1 in the country for Foreclosures. Just a couple of years ago, this area was the # 1 in the country for growth! One of the reasons for the "boom" here and now that the market has turned....

As far as rentals, there is just about as many rentals as there is for sale, so you won't have a problem. If you are considering buying a duplex and living in 1 side, that is a good idea, however, some areas where there are duplexes..and they seem to be built in designated areas scattered around town. Some are nice and some, not so. My family was thinking of doing the same thing, but in our case, since I live year round would be for me to live in one and my folks would come down for the winter. They will be down in November to check things out.

I agree, the canal system and infrastructure of the Cape is appealing, but I don't think this area will become a ghost town. Your field will definitely get you a job, healthcare is always looking for help and there are plenty of facilities down here.

Overall, my opinion is that even though there are many homes for sale, and new construction has essentially halted, there are still many people here paying taxes and the town has some time to catch up with finishing projects such as road paving and the like. With the boom, the town had a hard time keeping up with all the new construction. Where I live, the town has voted to postpone the city/water hookups and impacting the assessment fees, since where I am there are more vacant homes than homeowners, that's really the only thing I see. The vote just came in this week to make the one-way tolling permanent on the bridges, so that's good. They are still making enough money from that.

Like you, I am holding a wait and see as far as buying anything. BUT the really "good" deals to be had are moving quicker. These would be homes that are not in "short sale" and priced very reasonably and move-in condition with some incentives, too, depending on the seller.

I enjoy it here and will stick it out for as long as possible until the gas prices go up to a point where it wouldn't make sense to live here anymore. 30 miles each way, is tough on the budget these days I will be forced to move closer to work.

Good luck and keep checking in. It's good to research before making such a big move. It took me a year, before I made that choice, and it was worth it!
hi jackie, i am an israeli investor thinking about buying some land in cape coral which i was offered at great prices and waiting for the market to pick up, i was looking at avenue 24th- what do you think? thank you gilad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:33 PM

4 posts, read 10,759 times
what are good parts of cape coral?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 PM

9,273 posts, read 20,376,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by white124 View Post
what are good parts of cape coral?

Like all cities, Cape Coral has it's issues and you really can't point out one area as a problem spot. The crime is not control by boundries...it's all over the city and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you live in Cape Coral, do not leave your doors unlocked, even when you're home, and don't ever leave you car unlocked in your driveway. Use common sense and get to know your neighbors, they may be the ones giving the cops info about the guys who robbed you blind.

Now, Fort Myers on the other hand, is another story. LOL

Old 02-21-2010, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 945 times
Hey, Can anyone tell me a good location to rent on a lake in ft.Myres..? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area