U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 AM

30 posts, read 74,615 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone- I just finally got back online- my dad had a heart attack and I had to fly the tampa area- he had triple bypass but is now home doing great-
I was leaning toward fort myers but now may consider the CC area- I had heard it was bad but if any of you LI'ers who chimed in know- I am from west hempstead- very near a terrible town of Hempstead- Cops have a police station in the school there (not in my town but close) and the bloods and crypts are running the place.
I grew up in Garden City, next town over- very nice- very upper class but of course could not afford to live there now.
I was going to look in the SW area of fort myers but how about some good areas of cape coral? Sounds like either is ok (FM vs CC)- Since both my husband and I will be working and kids only visiting we don't have to worry about the schools -
Actually we can't wait- we are sooooo ready to get to florida- LI way tooooooo expensive and frankly, the bland cold dank weather is wearing on us since it lasts so long up there.
You guys are so nice to help give us ideas-keep them coming! All we need to do is get our house a bit plumped up to sell and we are gonzo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
Default cape coral

hi i,m thinking about relocating to cape coral what is wrong with nw,or ne area

Old 07-29-2008, 11:53 AM

3,636 posts, read 8,745,296 times
It's not nearly as nice in NE cape as here in the sw area. Nw is ok though. Those areas just don't look as nice. There is nothing "wrong" with them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie12 View Post
hi i,m thinking about relocating to cape coral what is wrong with nw,or ne area

Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM

100 posts, read 333,889 times
hey BacktoFLigo, when you heading back up north?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM

Leaving here on October 3rd, 7AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaandOhio View Post
hey BacktoFLigo, when you heading back up north?

Old 07-29-2008, 12:02 PM

100 posts, read 333,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
Leaving here on October 3rd, 7AM.
Where you headed to?

Old 07-29-2008, 12:26 PM

My hometown of Northampton Massachusetts, or one of the surrounding area towns.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:33 PM

132 posts, read 516,072 times
There's nothing wrong with the NE or NW cape. The SE and SW are more populated and have city utilites. NE and NW just have more vacant land so in many areas is just less attractive.
Many here will tell you to "Stay away from the NE and NW because when the utilites come you'll have to pay $18,000"
That's mis leading or a partial truth. The most populated areas recieved utilites first. That's why SE and SW have them. The Cape has halted all utility projects. With new home construction at a halt I wouldn't expect any new utility projects for many years to come (if ever). Let's say they do continue though, it's true you would be forced to hook up and charged something around $18,000 for it (you're able to make payments).
What everyone fails to mention is that homes without city utilities sell for $20,000 to $30,000 less than comparible homes with the utilities. Plus you don't have a water bill until it's hooked up. So financially it's a good thing to buy without the utilities.
I'm not trying to "sell you" on the NE or NW. I like the SE and SW too. I'm just trying to give you the whole story.
Good luck.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 PM

25,449 posts, read 10,631,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
There's nothing wrong with the NE or NW cape. The SE and SW are more populated and have city utilites. NE and NW just have more vacant land so in many areas is just less attractive.
Many here will tell you to "Stay away from the NE and NW because when the utilites come you'll have to pay $18,000"
That's mis leading or a partial truth. The most populated areas recieved utilites first. That's why SE and SW have them. The Cape has halted all utility projects. With new home construction at a halt I wouldn't expect any new utility projects for many years to come (if ever). Let's say they do continue though, it's true you would be forced to hook up and charged something around $18,000 for it (you're able to make payments).
What everyone fails to mention is that homes without city utilities sell for $20,000 to $30,000 less than comparible homes with the utilities. Plus you don't have a water bill until it's hooked up. So financially it's a good thing to buy without the utilities.
I'm not trying to "sell you" on the NE or NW. I like the SE and SW too. I'm just trying to give you the whole story.
Good luck.
NE and NW side of Cape Coral tend to have more crime than the SW and SE area. That's the only thing wrong with it, besides the fact that it's not build up and doesn't have city water or city utilites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area