U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:41 PM

3,633 posts, read 8,736,402 times

Advertisements

14 years in the state on BOTH coasts. Been to the beach 8 or 9 times. Could care less about the beach. I went to the beach in Cape Cod and Maine many times more than here. I will say the beaches on the EAST coast of Florida are pretty nice. I love them from Melbourne to Vero Beach. Nice aqua colored water, white sand. The beaches over here are UGGGLLLLYYY. Brown water, little dinky10 inch waves... Florida does have some nice beaches, but so do the New England states, or NC, and SC. I didn't move here in 1995 for the beaches anyways, I came for a change in scenery, and new adventures. I'm all over that now, so I decided I am going home. I will miss a few things about here still...

Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,228,654 times
Thumbs up We are on the same page

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
14 years in the state on BOTH coasts. Been to the beach 8 or 9 times. Could care less about the beach. I went to the beach in Cape Cod and Maine many times more than here. I will say the beaches on the EAST coast of Florida are pretty nice. I love them from Melbourne to Vero Beach. Nice aqua colored water, white sand. The beaches over here are UGGGLLLLYYY. Brown water, little dinky10 inch waves... Florida does have some nice beaches, but so do the New England states, or NC, and SC. I didn't move here in 1995 for the beaches anyways, I came for a change in scenery, and new adventures. I'm all over that now, so I decided I am going home. I will miss a few things about here still...
I could care less about beaches. In the entire 20 years I spent on LI while my kids were growing up, I went to the beach maybe 4 times! They played multiple sports year round and there wasn't the time to just hang out on a beach even if we wanted to. I only go now when my kids visit and that is because there is nothing else to do and you are SUPPOSED to go to the beach in Florida.

I have been to both shores here. I have been to California, Cape Cod, the Hamptons, the Caribbean, and even the Italian Riveria. The Caribbean water is the nicest, but nothing beats the scenery of the Italian Riveria!!!!Been there, done that.

We came here for a job. That is it. If the job had taken us to Alaska, that is where we would be today. The fact that it was Florida made no difference whatsoever. In fact, for me, year round hot weather and beach culture was a negative factor. I would have preferred somewhere else with 4 seasons and closer to my kids. Oh, how I miss Fall and Winter. I got very depressed last winter when it was in the 80s outside every single day.

My husband won a free trip at work. So, they talked about seeing Disney, going on a Cruise, or a stay in the Keys. I said no. They agreed to pay our expenses instead for a long Thanksgiving weekend in NY. I am very, very happy to be going home again!!!!!! Hopefully, I will make it back again in the winter in January or February! That certainly will help to break up the winter here and give me something to look forward to.

I hope someday I will be going back permanently.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:53 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,243,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You know, actually there are some people who are inclined to like a place
Unless it's in Florida, of course. I know you never actually said that (before you use that excuse), but that's your agenda and you know it. And you have never even lived in the god forsaken place (knowing somebody that lives there is not the same).

Old 07-17-2008, 03:14 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,638,083 times
I'm here a lot...

I'll be happy to go back to NY where I can get sushi for lunch. I'm in Naples right now and I went on a long search for sushi and couldn't find a single place open for lunch in the summer. Can't wait to go back to NYC where not only can I get good services year round, but I can get them late at night too lol

Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,839,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I'm here a lot...

I'll be happy to go back to NY where I can get sushi for lunch. I'm in Naples right now and I went on a long search for sushi and couldn't find a single place open for lunch in the summer. Can't wait to go back to NYC where not only can I get good services year round, but I can get them late at night too lol
Publix has sushi.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:28 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,243,706 times
You want to come to my coast and see all of the places you can get decent sushi for lunch? But late at night, aint that the truth! I always have a craving for falafel at 1 in the morning...I can get it but only if I want to drive 20 minutes (same holds true during the day). In NYC if I don't feel like dragging my lazy ass downstairs at 1 am, I can just have it delivered. AND I can get whole wheat pita so that lazy ass doesn't turn into a fat one. Thanks for the clarification by the way! Let's face it; no place in the US compares to NYC in that regard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Publix has sushi.
Yeah, I dare you to eat it LOL.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-17-2008 at 03:38 PM..

Old 07-17-2008, 03:38 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,839,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post

Hell no.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,638,083 times
I actually went to Publix since it was right by the last closed sushi restaurant I checked out. They had 2 different kinds of sushi, and they were both pre-packaged. Nasty lol

Old 07-17-2008, 04:54 PM

847 posts, read 3,282,919 times
Sushi Thai is open for lunch.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:00 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,228,654 times
Default Naples caters to the Snowbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
You want to come to my coast and see all of the places you can get decent sushi for lunch? But late at night, aint that the truth! I always have a craving for falafel at 1 in the morning...I can get it but only if I want to drive 20 minutes (same holds true during the day). In NYC if I don't feel like dragging my lazy ass downstairs at 1 am, I can just have it delivered. AND I can get whole wheat pita so that lazy ass doesn't turn into a fat one. Thanks for the clarification by the way! Let's face it; no place in the US compares to NYC in that regard...

It practically shuts down in the summers. Almost dead as a doornail now. "Season" is everything.

Hell, even the community where we live is closed on Mondays now, other days still no activities, no special dinners, etc., etc. The food at the Sunday Brunch was horrible and only about 4 tables filled.

Totally different scene November though February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area