U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 04:06 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,229,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
What are you talking about? Ever hear of south Beach? It`s known world wide.
Nightlife has to revolve around beaches? Poor Vegas, I guess they are doomed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,245,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and Chicago. No comparison. Ft. Lauderdale is the nightlife capital of the US? I doubt that. Try LA or NYC.

Really, Florida is ONLY about sun and beaches.
Could you not manipulate my post and put words in my mouth? I didn't say Ft. Lauderdale is the nightlife capital of anywhere nor did I ever actually compare it to Chicago (only in distance), I mentioned Miami Beach being the nightlife capital, and guess what, it is. Guess what, I'm from all the way up thurr in the big city too, just got back a couple weeks ago for a three week trip and yet I don't have such an elitist attitude. Of course NYC has more nightlife because of it's sheer size but it is quite obvious that you haven't been to Miami Beach or South Beach. People actually move there from Europe just so they can live the vain South Beach party lifestyle. Even that is not comparable to New York but when someone thinks of NYC, they think of get whatever you want, when you want, whereas when someone thinks of South Beach they think of nightlife (except for you apparently). Like it or not, Miami (Beach) has it's own scene and has a niche internationally.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:12 PM

17,289 posts, read 26,334,112 times
I dunno... the New York Club scene is even more pretensious and expensive than Miami/South Beach.

I would definitely associate Miami with nightlife more than New York. Though apparently Miami, London, and New York seem to think they're the nightlife capitals!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,440,735 times
Here is a web site showing top 10 nightlife cities in the world miami is rated higher then new york but guess what number one is las vegas.

But anyway miami beach is a hot spot so boo to TA

AskMen.com - Top 10: Nightlife Cities

Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,440,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Nightlife has to revolve around beaches? Poor Vegas, I guess they are doomed.

It is not about just the beach but forget it you are just looking for someone to argue with.......Have a good day

Old 07-16-2008, 04:18 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,229,718 times
Default Miami Beach isn't either

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Could you not manipulate my post and put words in my mouth? I didn't say Ft. Lauderdale is the nightlife capital of anywhere, I said Miami Beach is. Your arrogance is unparalleled, guess what, I'm from all the way up thurr in the big city too and yet I don't have such an attitude.
There are at least 3 places ahead of it. So, then you are a non native Floridian. You are willing to credit Florida with your education also? I guess once you move here you instantly have to sever everything that ever happened before in your life?

No, I am proud of where I came from and lived for over century. Too bad, if some don't like that. I cannot pretend to be something I am not --- a Floridian.

You cannot change where you were born. Why would you want to?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,245,633 times
I did go to high school here. I made some major modifications to my post by the way. Also, there is no way to quantify which city has the "most" nightlife but objectively, come on, whenever there is GOOD news about Florida it has to do with the nightlife on SoBe! Most doesn't mean best.

Speaking of which, NYC ranked behind Miami in that study that alphaman linked us to (for what it's worth), one of your three cities that are "ahead".

If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to Florida? You seem reluctant to assimilate to your current state of residence which leads me to believe you were "dragged" here so to speak. I'm not saying you should have to eat grits and drink sweet tea but I think the "I never left my home at heart" attitude plays a role in the lack of "community feel" all over Florida. How you would like it if a bunch of southerners started moving to Long Island looking for great schools and low crime and started complaining about how rude the people are and now you have to sweeten your own tea? I appreciate a good corned beef on rye and real pizza (which I can't find too easily here) but I'm in a different place now, it is what it is but why not move if you don't like what it is?

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-16-2008 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: additional question

Old 07-16-2008, 04:46 PM

10,604 posts, read 14,841,935 times
It depends on what you consider nightlife. The OP said things to do which could mean museums, plays, concerts sports etc. And OP yes they exist in Fl.

OP you cannot compare a small town to anything up north and as compelled said, you'd be driving to Miami and FLL for a similar option.

Never say you want to move to Florida until you check out YOUR SPECIFIC interests. For example if you played ice hockey you might have to drive pretty far to find a team. If you say what it is you enjoy then you can get a more specific answer.

Also Miami entertainment requires money and frequently spanish but you should already know this before attempting to move here and go there.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Speaking of which, NYC ranked behind Miami in that study that alphaman linked us to (for what it's worth), one of your three cities that are "ahead".
LMAO, of course Miami was ahead of NY and rightly so. The site was called Ask Men. Ha Ha I'm sincerely laughing WITH you not AT you. .

Whatever guy doesnt vote for Miami as number one given the women there, is WAY out of touch.

And I agree about South Beach. Just questionable who can afford it in time or money. My kid is extremely happy with WPB downtown. It's individual.

P.S. Guiliani killed alot of the "nightlife" in NYC. In terms of clubs especially and open behaviors if that's the euphemism. (also it depends on the criteria, if it was professional plays NY would win, if it was bars etc, Miami for sure)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Could you not manipulate my post and put words in my mouth? I didn't say Ft. Lauderdale is the nightlife capital of anywhere nor did I ever actually compare it to Chicago (only in distance), I mentioned Miami Beach being the nightlife capital, and guess what, it is. Guess what, I'm from all the way up thurr in the big city too, just got back a couple weeks ago for a three week trip and yet I don't have such an elitist attitude. Of course NYC has more nightlife because of it's sheer size but it is quite obvious that you haven't been to Miami Beach or South Beach. People actually move there from Europe just so they can live the vain South Beach party lifestyle. Even that is not comparable to New York but when someone thinks of NYC, they think of get whatever you want, when you want, whereas when someone thinks of South Beach they think of nightlife (except for you apparently). Like it or not, Miami (Beach) has it's own scene and has a niche internationally.
I totally agree and I'm a NY lover, going weekly for years. No comparison in terms of the "feeling" of "NIGHTLIFE" even just the beach vibe and tropical exotic atmosphere changes everything.

Miami definitely beats out NYC for the exotic and exciting and I don't even go to clubs much LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area