U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 AM

13 posts, read 36,755 times

Advertisements

i live in S.E. Michigan for the time being and me and my wife want to move to Florida.We want to move to the cape coral area.but we are not sure if this is the right move.here in S.E. michigan theres really nothing to do,but you can go up north or chigaco on the weekend.what is there to do in cape coral area besides beaches??

anyone??
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM

5,642 posts, read 8,233,507 times
Default You cannot compare a major city

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylt08 View Post
i live in S.E. Michigan for the time being and me and my wife want to move to Florida.We want to move to the cape coral area.but we are not sure if this is the right move.here in S.E. michigan theres really nothing to do,but you can go up north or chigaco on the weekend.what is there to do in cape coral area besides beaches??

anyone??
thanks
like Chicago to Cape Coral or probably anywhere else in Florida. You come here for the weather and the beaches, PERIOD.

If you want nightlife anything like a major metropolis, for get it.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:42 AM

8,376 posts, read 28,252,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
like Chicago to Cape Coral or probably anywhere else in Florida. You come here for the weather and the beaches, PERIOD.

They live in SE Michigan and they just said there is "nothing to do" but they can drive to Chicago. Well, guess what, you can get on the alley and be in Ft. Lauderdale in an hour and Miami Beach is only another 30-45 minutes from there. By comparison, they are a solid 4 hours to Chicago. Maybe so that there is not much to do in Cape Coral, but just realize you are an hour and a half away from the nightlife capital of the US.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,646,014 times
Miami may have a good nightlife compared to many major cities, but it isn't the nightlife capital of the US...

Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM

8,376 posts, read 28,252,939 times
Your right, Miami isn't the nightlife capital of the US. Miami Beach is, chiefly South Beach. Unofficially of course.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:03 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,442,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post

What are you talking about? Ever hear of south Beach? It`s known world wide.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,442,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Miami may have a good nightlife compared to many major cities, but it isn't the nightlife capital of the US...

I`s say it`s pretty close Only New York beats it out.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM

3,636 posts, read 8,740,771 times
Or Las Vegas

Old 07-16-2008, 03:03 PM

Default I have been to both Ft. Lauderdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
They live in SE Michigan and they just said there is "nothing to do" but they can drive to Chicago. Well, guess what, you can get on the alley and be in Ft. Lauderdale in an hour and Miami Beach is only another 30-45 minutes from there. By comparison, they are a solid 4 hours to Chicago. Maybe so that there is not much to do in Cape Coral, but just realize you are an hour and a half away from the nightlife capital of the US.
and Chicago. No comparison. Ft. Lauderdale is the nightlife capital of the US? I doubt that. Try LA or NYC.

Really, Florida is ONLY about sun and beaches.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM

Default And LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaman View Post
I`s say it`s pretty close Only New York beats it out.
probably Vegas also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area