Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:30 AM

5 posts, read 43,855 times

Advertisements

As I mentioned, we are "active" retirees looking for seasonal rentals (Jan thru Mar) and some of the units want year-round tenants. We will certainly check out each of your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks to all for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,914 times
where is Harlem Heights I am not sure where you mean. I am looking for rent near Healthpark or Fort Myers Beach. Does anyone know how the lines are in season to beach, very long so you would not want to rent there.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,914 times
avalon bay sounds nice. Is there a pool and two bedrooms. Are they condos?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdumont View Post
where is Harlem Heights I am not sure where you mean. I am looking for rent near Healthpark or Fort Myers Beach. Does anyone know how the lines are in season to beach, very long so you would not want to rent there.
harlem heights fort myers fl - Google Maps

Yes, traffic to the beach can be a bear during season.

Avalon Bay has homes and condos.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:17 PM

693 posts, read 2,012,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
harlem heights fort myers fl - Google Maps

Yes, traffic to the beach can be a bear during season.

Avalon Bay has homes and condos.
Traffic can be crappy if there is some kind of big event going on and weekends do tend to be busier. But right now, in the middle of season you can get over the bridge both ways very quickly any day of the week and there has been plenty of parking. Not sure if it's due to the beach renewal or not, but it isn't bad at all.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
Traffic can be crappy if there is some kind of big event going on and weekends do tend to be busier. But right now, in the middle of season you can get over the bridge both ways very quickly any day of the week and there has been plenty of parking. Not sure if it's due to the beach renewal or not, but it isn't bad at all.
Which is the reason I said "can." I'm aware of all of the factors involved. But the truth is it isn't even real season until after the first of January and even so, it "can be a bear" as I said. She asked, I answered.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:00 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
Some great recommendations in this post. Gladiolus and Winkler Rd in South Ft. Myers is a really NICE area for seasonal renting. Close access to the beach, well maintained associations, and plenty of shopping without having to head to 41 (traffic) Check out Summerlin Woods (located right across the street, within walking distance to the back entrance of Lakes Park) The association is a little older, but is very well maintained with a huge pool and it is gated. The units are around 1200 sq. feet. Upstairs units are much more roomy with vaulted ceilings. My in laws owned one there for many years. Other places that seem nice (as I rode my bike around there one day) are Colony Lakes, Avalon, Parker Woods. Though I must say the last 3 mentioned would be pricier rent than Summerlin Woods.

As a 2nd home owner down there, I must say, that you have to find a "seasonal" almost a year out. All the good ones go fast. I rent mine for winter season and it is always rented out 1 year out from stay. I will probably have my 2013 lease signed any day now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area