U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:38 PM

164 posts, read 345,817 times

Advertisements

Hi , I am new to the forum. I have read a good number of posts as I am also new to this area ( Fl. )

I see alot about jobs, income etc..

I also see the rules against advertising. Is there any networking done on this site? Seems like a great site with alot of people & I can see great potential for everyone to help each other especially in this economy.

I would love to hear feedback on this from all of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,230,676 times
Dear ECBS,
First, welcome to the forum.

Also, thank you for wanting to be compliant to the TOS.....I wish everyone played by the rules like that.

This is the first time I've been asked about networking. There is a forum here on Work and Employment, but we have no direct "networking" forum (yet).

While advertising is not allowed, one can carefully speak a bit as to what you do and where you are, an people can DM you......as long as it is not a blatant attempt to advertise or promoter your business.

For instance, we encourage Realtors to have the real estate logo by their name, but we do not allow links to MLS listings, etc.

thanks again.

Frank D.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 AM

That is great Frank. If you need any help or decide to get a networking group going, count me in.

Networking is great but not everyone has the time or money to join their local chamber & some networking groups meet too early for alot of us to meet up.

I will place my company logo in my signature or something & also look in the post areas that you mention.

I will watch for a networking area. You have a great forum here & I bet you could start a nice networking group here as well.

Keep me posted

Old 08-04-2008, 08:52 AM

2,903 posts, read 11,230,676 times
I'm a newer mod, and other mods may chime in here to help better then I.

I'm familiar with the networking concept, but is it more local or national?
I could see networking world-wide if the business is conducive to that, but i can also see where some business would only be interested in networking locally within the scope of their business area.

It's tricky. we do not want anyone to violate the TOS, but I can also see where local business info can be helpful.

I believe it is all how it is put out there. For instance, if someone posted "Where can I find a good pizza in Ft. Myers?" and someone replied "Go to John Doe's pizza on Main Street"......best around." I believe that would be ok.

But if John Doe posted, "Hey, buy my pizza" that would not be allowed.

I'll ask the other mods for some better input.

Frank D.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 AM

8,321 posts, read 13,783,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECBS View Post
I will place my company logo in my signature or something & also look in the post areas that you mention.
To this, I would have to say no. Not only once, but twice. First of all, normal users cannot have signatures in their posts. Secondly, you cannot advertise your personal company in any way.

But as far as users helping each other out within a local or national level, that's what our aim is.

This statement really sums it up:

Quote:
I believe it is all how it is put out there. For instance, if someone posted "Where can I find a good pizza in Ft. Myers?" and someone replied "Go to John Doe's pizza on Main Street"......best around." I believe that would be ok.

But if John Doe posted, "Hey, buy my pizza" that would not be allowed.
If you want to network for assistance, you're more than welcome to start a thread, user group, etc. But please do not do this for the end result of strumming up business for yourself.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 AM

13,773 posts, read 34,625,485 times
You can create a free business profile by going to //www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your business profile.

We do have social groups like Kuharai stated. You can create a group to discuss networking or the type of business you are in.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM

Yes I want to network, but it would most definitely be to drum up business for myself as well as the people I am networking with.

How about a thread that says , "who here owns there own business, & what is it". The idea would be to get a group of small business people who get to know each other via this forum. Just like joining BNI but without the A.M. meeting etc

I will look over the forum more & post topics & then you guys can moderate as you see fit.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Status: "In my anti Corona hidey hole......." (set 1 day ago)

5,411 posts, read 6,439,058 times
ECBS, What line of work are you in? a simple question, leave the business name out of it. If I need your services, I can direct message you later. I'm in yacht management myself.

MODS, just experimenting a bit here, not trying to invoke your wrath, simply eliminate this post, if you find it over the top......

Old 08-04-2008, 08:38 PM

12 years commercial floor care & cleaning services. If you click on our name to the left you can click on our homepage too

Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 PM

3,165 posts, read 2,357,653 times
Our forum includes social networking features. You can use them to create enhanced profiles, network in social groups, add albums, create blogs, add friends, or send direct messages or public visitor messages. While you cannot indiscriminately contact our members without them requesting it, you could, for example, blog about your business and have your phone number of website listed. While advertising is not allowed on forums, there are different rules that apply to blogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area