Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I don't know anything about Long Island. But it must not be a very nice place to live. It seems people from that area flock down here. Years ago we had volunteer fire departments but not anymore.
Most of it is great. but very expensive. But things are turning just like everywhere else.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:03 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
just messing with you HIK I like you. have a great day and I already have my house there. there are some great deals going on. Its like walmart in houses,there are blue light specials going on all over. wait till the builders start the bogo sales. Then things will really start to heat up.
I like you, too.

You've already bought a house? Well, that's why you got your back up. You got a dog in the fight!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:27 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times
I like it there its a change of pace. I love fishing so for me it is great. My dog will be there awhile so I am not to worried about the slump.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:38 AM

4 posts, read 9,246 times
I am a real estate agent in Bonita Springs, Fl. I moved here about 8 years ago and I love it. I will be happy to help you in any way I can. I know the area and would like to know what you plan to do about work in the area. I will be able to help you once I know that. moderator cut

Last edited by mawipafl; 04-28-2008 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Please, no advertising.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:12 PM

33 posts, read 95,838 times
Smile I liake "The Cape" because.....

#1 - You can not beat the weather. Best time of the year is in May. The Snowbirds have gone home and the fishing is the best.

#2 - Traffic - yes that is right, I said the traffic. I battle with Cape traffic everyday, but if you have ever been in Fort Lauderdale/Miami or Philadelphia/New Jersey/Washington or New York at 7am....then you too will think the traffic is great also.

#3- Taxes are low - Again, go to the North East and pay those high taxes for awhile and then check out The Cape. Show me a place by the shore in New Jersey and then compare. Yes we have great taxes for what you get.

#4- No state tax - Keep more of your money

#5 - The people.....they are the best.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchsnook View Post
#1 - You can not beat the weather. Best time of the year is in May. The Snowbirds have gone home and the fishing is the best.

#2 - Traffic - yes that is right, I said the traffic. I battle with Cape traffic everyday, but if you have ever been in Fort Lauderdale/Miami or Philadelphia/New Jersey/Washington or New York at 7am....then you too will think the traffic is great also.

#3- Taxes are low - Again, go to the North East and pay those high taxes for awhile and then check out The Cape. Show me a place by the shore in New Jersey and then compare. Yes we have great taxes for what you get.

#4- No state tax - Keep more of your money

#5 - The people.....they are the best.
May- nice weather but snook season is over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traffic- Snow birds are gone. But its always worse or better someplace else. (used car salesman line) Just one storm will change that fast.

Taxes- no state tax but you will pay taxes on everything else. State tax can be a write off on the Fed tax. Let's see you do it on the everything tax. Trains? Subways? what all do we get in Florida from our tax money?

People- I found that the term "yousguys" is the same as ya'll just said much louder!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Tax free??? No I think not. Florida taxes you on everything else, food, clothing, etc. So you DO get income taxes in a roundabout way. Mass. is 5%. Not taxed on clothing or food(except restaurant).

Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM

6 posts, read 53,205 times
Default Taxes on food

You are only taxed on food prepared for immediate consumpion like in restaraunts, deli's and the like...foods purchased in grocery stores are not taxed in Florida (only hot foods or deli takeout for immediate comsumpion).

Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Folks,
I'm going to close this thread. It is over a year old, and has multiple topics that have strayed from the original post.

All noteworthy topic of current interest should have their own thread.

Frank D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area